Just because you sell freight doesn’t mean you don’t need to use social media to sell too. Did you know that 30% of B2B buyers use LinkedIn for research? And it’s not only LinkedIn – almost 20% use Twitter for researching companies before they buy.
Sometimes it’s hard to go from zero to hero online, so we came up with five simple tips to jumpstart your social media operations:
- Up your sales: While 83% of B2B marketers use social media for increasing brand visibility, it can also be a great tool for sales. For example, @ReferATruck, a trucking loadboard, offers a live-stream of available loads. 3PLs can try posting hot rates to snag more business.
- Brand awareness: Trying to get your name out there? Why not engage with other large companies online? For example, we recently tweeted a picture of a Maersk EEE out to Maersk’s Twitter account…and got retweeted to over 120,000 people around the world (and noticed a nice spike in engagement too!).
— Freightos (@freightos) June 25, 2014
- Dell model: Instead of only letting your PR guy tweet, take a page from Dell’s books. In August 2010, Dell decided to let all employees represent Dell online, as long as they passed a quick training course. The result? Better employee productivity and improved customer acquisition.
- Reach influencers: Social media isn’t one to many; it’s one to one to one. Find influential people on social media and engage directly with them using sites like twtrland. Don’t get to everyone; get to someone specific.
- Build your pipeline: Generate content in-house to get prospects interested. Keep on feeding them content with value and before you know it, when they’re ready to ship something, they’ll be shipping it with you.
What are you favorite tips? Share in the comments below!
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][yellowbox]Now that you’re ready to rock with an awesome social media platform, check out what lessons you can learn from Google that will help you improve your logistics company!][/yellowbox][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]