The contact details of the data controller are as follows:
– Freightos Ltd Agudat, located at Agudat Sport Hapoel 1, Jerusalem Israel, 9695102.
1. Information We Collect
- Personal Identifiers & Contact Information: such as your title, name, phone number, date of birth, home address and personal email address.
- Job Application Information & Professional or Employment Related Information: such as position applied for, previous roles, job description, responsibilities and assignments, years of service, qualifications and experience, compensation and salary data, membership in professional organizations and professional certifications, eligibility for and participation in benefit schemes and other information contained in your CV/resume.
- Education Information & Qualifications: such as your highest level of education, the schools you attended and when you attended them, degrees, certificates or other educational qualifications, your academic transcripts and education references.
- Financial Information: such as your desired salary, bonus, benefits and stock or equity grants. You may volunteer your previous salary and/or financial and benefit package as part of the recruitment process but we will not ask for this information.
- Background Check Information: when permitted by applicable law, we may choose to conduct a background check in connection with your application, such as to verify professional and educational history and qualifications that may be relevant for a position with us as well as criminal history. The results of the background check may include personal information we do not already have about you.
- Nationality, Citizenship and Right to Work Information: where necessary to comply with local law, we will collect information such as country of birth/citizenship, government identification documents (including passports and residency permits) and, where relevant, visa information.
- Other Application and Interview Information: any personal information you choose to share with us in your interview or application, CV, resume, transcripts or other supporting documentation or to help us coordinate travel for an interview.
- Although we often collect the personal information described above directly from you (for example, from the application forms that you submit to us), we may also collect certain information from references, recruiters, social media sites, and publicly available sources.
- In addition, we may also collect this information through service providers and other third parties that collect it on our behalf, such as communications providers, scheduling providers and application providers.
- We also provide you with the ability to send such information using tools offered by third parties such as LinkedIn (when you decide to provide your CV by linking to your profile), through our ATS (Application Tracking System) when you submit your application on our career website, or any other job portal or referral program. We encourage you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each third-party tool you engage with
2. Legal Basis (where applicable)
- If you are an individual in the EU or your data is treated under GDPR regulations, our legal basis for our collecting and processing of your personal information is as follows:
- Your consent, which you can withdraw at any time. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we will not be able to process your application;
- The necessity for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (i.e., to take the necessary steps to enter into an employment contract with you);
- The necessity for hiring decisions (i.e., to take steps to assess your suitability for the vacancy prior to entering into an employment contract with you);
- The necessity for the compliance by us with applicable laws, regulations and our legal obligations under applicable law in relation to employment and social security; and
- The necessity for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Freightos, in particular our economic, commercial and financial interests, business continuity, security and confidentiality of customer information and products, security of digital and physical infrastructure.
3. How we use your personal information
- We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To receive, review and reply to your application.
- To verify the information you or others provide, and to confirm and consult your references.
- To assess your suitability for the opportunity you applied for, and in certain cases, for other opportunities at Freightos.
- To facilitate the interview/recruiting process.
- To prepare an offer letter, if your application is successful.
- If you were referred, to inform the referrer about the status of your application.
- Where we have identified you as a potential candidate from information that we have collected from public sources, in order to suggest suitable opportunities for you with us.
- To stay in touch and engage with you for current and future opportunities at Freightos.
- To maintain and improve our recruiting processes and technology, for internal planning and management reporting, and to comply with applicable law.
- For background verification (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws).
- For us to perform and exercise our rights and obligations under employment law and/or because it is in our legitimate interests in our role as prospective employer to verify who you are, that you can work for Freightos and that you are suitable for the specific role.
- Any offer and commencement of employment is conditional on the verification, to the satisfaction of Freightos, of the information the candidate provides as part of their application and for us to be able to obtain references with which we are satisfied.
- Freightos, a third party vendor, or an independent agent acting on our behalf, may verify the information provided by you and carry out further enquiries, which may include a CV check (e.g., to call your previous employers) and gap analysis, a verification of your highest education, a reference check, a proof of relevant qualifications check, a professional membership check, a media search (which may include social media, professional websites, and search engine searches).
- To send you assignments or assessments. These could be sent directly by one of our employees, a third party vendor, an independent agent acting on behalf of Freightos or an assessment tool that we use.
- To ask you for feedback about the interviews and other aspects of the hiring process.
- For general HR administration and management (in case you become a Freightos employee).
- If you are offered and accept employment with Freightos, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
- Our collection, use and/or processing of your personal information does not in any event constitute an offer of employment or a guarantee of successful selection for any positions made available with Freightos.
4. Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We may transfer your personal information to third parties, including to entities within and outside the Freightos Group located in any jurisdictions, as follows:
- Service providers and other relevant third parties. We may send your personal information to companies who work on our behalf to provide services directly related to the job application process, such as external assessment institutions located in your jurisdiction, recruiting system providers located in the US (such as Comeet, our Application Tracking System), and IT service providers providing hosting service (such as AWS and Google Cloud). We will only provide those companies the information they need to assist us in the job application process, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- Regulators, authorities, and other third parties. As necessary for the purposes described above, your personal information may be transferred to regulators, courts, and other authorities (e.g., tax and law enforcement authorities), independent external advisors (e.g., auditors and legal advisors, external advisers appointed to conduct internal investigations), insurance brokers and carriers, benefits providers, internal compliance and investigation teams. We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the potential working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
- Other entities. We may share your personal information with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale, restructuring or transfer of some or all of the business, shares or assets to a third party, we may disclose your personal information to such third party in connection with the foregoing events (whether actual or potential).
- Bankruptcy. In the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer, disclose or assign your personal information in connection with the foregoing events.
5. Data Retention
- For candidates treated under GDPR regulations, unless you request otherwise, exercise your right to erasure or join our team, data will be kept for a maximum term of three years for any possible future recruitment processes. Once such a term has ended, your data will be deleted or, alternatively pseudonymized.
6. Data Subject Rights
- Depending on your location, you may have a number of rights in relation to your candidate data. Such rights can be summarized in broad terms as follows (for more details contact us at [email protected]):
- To obtain a copy of your personal information together with information about how and on what basis that personal information is processed;
- To rectify inaccurate personal information;
- Where you have provided your personal information to us with your consent, to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine-readable format and to ask us to share this data with another data controller;
- To erase your personal information in limited circumstances where (a) you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal information; (b) we are processing your personal information on the basis of legitimate interests and you object to such processing, and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing; (c) where you have provided your personal information to us with your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process your personal information; and (d) where you believe the personal information we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us;
- To restrict processing of your personal information where: (a) the accuracy of the personal information is contested; (b) the processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the personal information; (c) we no longer require the personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, but it is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim; or (d) where you have objected to us processing your personal information based on our legitimate interests and we are considering your objection;
- To challenge processing which we have justified on the basis of our legitimate interest;
- To object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing or profiling.
- In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for data protection.
- You can exercise your rights by contacting us at [email protected]. You may use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf if you provide the authorized agent written permission signed by you. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honor your request promptly in accordance with applicable law or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfill your request. When processing your request, we may ask you for additional information to confirm or verify your identity and for security purposes, before processing and/or honoring your request. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. In the event that your request would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (for example, would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others) or if we are legally entitled to deal with your request in a different way than initial requested, we will address your request to the maximum extent possible, all in accordance with applicable law. Where permitted by applicable laws, we will retain where necessary certain personal information for a limited period of time (according to the data retention term) for record-keeping, accounting and fraud prevention purposes.
8. Contact Us
- We are responsible for the processing of your personal information, and requests to exercise your rights shall be addressed to [email protected]