Posted: August 25, 2015
While 90% of everything we eat, wear or use is shipped by the trillion dollar freight industry, freight sales technology is stuck in the ’90s, lacking online automation and pricing transparency. Freightos is automating online freight sales, with proven startup success and world-class investors. Freightos helps some of the world’s biggest freight companies automate their operations. To power our growth, we’re are looking for a passionate Data Analyst for our Data Analytics team, which transforms data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. Your job? Querying and monitoring databases and analytics tools to identify trends, patterns and required improvements. If you think big, love (big) data and know how to multitask…If you can balance self-motivation, independence and being a team player…If you enjoy having fun and calling it work – come get your data on!
Title of Position: Data Analyst
Reporting to: Product Manager, Data Analytics
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Identify and facilitate acquisition of external datasets
- Daily analytics stack maintenance and tool development.
- Generate reports, recommendations and actionable insights to drive product and business processes.
- Work closely with R&D team to spec and develop data requirements.
- Automate data collection and monitoring processes.
- Create and maintain in-house and customer reports and dashboards.
- Technical expertise in data modeling, database design, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong grasp and experience with reporting packages, databases (SQL etc), programming/scripting (Python, Java, Perl).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate huge amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Extensive knowledge of web analytics, BI and big data – a big advantage.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Experience with other analytic tools (Mixpanel, Kissmetrics, etc.) – an advantage
- Experience working with Google Tag Manger – an advantage
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Proven working experience as a data analyst – advantage.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets (SPSS, SAS etc Excel – macros etc.).
- Experience writing specs for R&D teams.
- Data visualization experience.
- Experience with website funnel analysis and optimization.
- Full time position, Sunday-Thursday
- Start Date of Position – Immediate
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal