QA Engineer (WebCargo)
About The Position
Do you know what unites the computer or phone you're reading this on, the watch you're wearing, and that designer shirt you're not wearing? Global freight. It's a trillion dollar industry, with 90% of all goods imported by ship...and the rest imported by air. Freightos WebCargo has nearly single-handedly brought it online, helping global air carriers in 90+ countries and over 1,000 freight companies automate sales and operations, with nearly one million monthly searches. This all builds it up to feed Freightos, the world's largest online freight marketplace, with $90 million in funding, tens of thousands of users, and some incredibly complex technology.
And we want you to help us bring this industry online.
When details are ignored, containers fall off of ships. And that’s a big deal.
Are you a QA Engineer passionate about finding errors for insane edge cases and love a wide variety of challenges? Do you have a passion for using tools, technology, and heck, even your mother’s critical eye to solve problems? Do you want to join a startup that’s changing how everything in the world gets from A to B? Do you value delivering highly scalable and the highest quality software?
Good news, friend. We got something incredible for you.
Freightos WebCargo is looking for a QA Engineer who teach a Yoga expert how to be Agile. The perfect engineer lives and breathes classic Agile techniques that ensure quality code is released to production at the end of a sprint. Quality is a way of life for you; you’ll be parachuted into a development team to act as a quality advocate, mentoring team members on making rock-solid, scalable developments. How? By designing, creating and implementing test cases and quality requirements, as well as automating manual processes and functional testing. As Kanye West would say if he was looking for a QA engineer, we’re looking for motivation to automation, to winn the races to edge cases.
- Preach quality. Beyond testing, you’ll teach everyone how to design high-quality development, with automated and manual testing as your sword and shield.
- Get ready to coordinate. You’ll guide releases through test planning, preparation, design and execution tasks. And you’ll love doing it.
- Things don’t work without a framework. You’ll design, develop, and upkeep a test framework for automating tests, creating the right infrastructure, architecture and framework for the R&D organization;
- Wear deoderant. You’ll work very closely with developers to ensure that testing layers have adequate coverage, including unit and integration;
- Design and implement functional and nonfunctional tests (in other words, all kinds of tests) that will ensure there is coverage of both expected and unexpected behaviour
- Clearly communicate and report on all test-related matters to various stakeholders on the product. And since they aren’t all technical, you’ll need to have your coder to non-coder dictionary handy.
- Capable of contributing to any other activities that the team might need unblocked in order to deliver value, assisting other teammates when necessary - that includes helping in requirements gathering, design, development, releasing, support, etc...
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Significant programming experience with PHP (isn’t it just the best?).
- Solid experience in Jira or similar issue tracking system (notebooks don’t count).
- Experience in Testing frameworks like Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber and development processes like TDD, BDD will be considered as a strong plus.
- At least 2 years of work experience in software testing. 23 months is okay too.
- Excellent communication, self-organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent reading, speaking and writing skills.
- Must have a valid EU work permit