PHP Software Developer (WebCargo)
About The Position
Do you know what unites the computer or phone you're reading this on, the watch you're wearing, and that designer shirt you're not wearing? Global freight. It's a trillion dollar industry, with 90% of all goods imported by ship...and the rest imported by air. Freightos WebCargo has nearly single-handedly brought it online, helping global air carriers in 90+ countries and over 1,000 freight companies automate sales and operations, with nearly one million monthly searches. This all builds it up to feed Freightos, the world's largest online freight marketplace, with $90 million in funding, tens of thousands of users, and some incredibly complex technology and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited in the process..
We’re looking for PHP & MYSQL Software Developers to join our growing Barcelona R&D team. The perfect candidate will be one who can drive stellar results developing back-end components and supporting the front-end developers.
Come ready for a challenge and don’t be fooled by container ships; this is rocket-science technology.
You’ll drive software architecture and design patterns for incredibly complex features that require guru-level Computer Science and high-level programming language expertise. Freightos WebCargo sets an incredibly high bar to meet internal and customer commitments; you’re the type of developer that pushes the bar even higher, mentoring and cultivating to drive consensus and align different opinions.
- As a Cargo Code Commander, you’ll lead software development of major features and systems (architect, design, build and maintain).
- Contribute throughout the development and deployment cycle across the R&D organization.
- With over a million lines of code, ship happens. You’ll troubleshoot and solve complex problems and introduce mechanisms, new designs and best practices to prevent the recurrence of the problem.
- Excellent (seriously, excellent) programming skills in PHP with over 3+ years of experience making computer magic happen
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals, object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Excellent communication, self-organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid EU work permit
- Good prior work building and configuring monitoring tools
- Experience designing tools to automate operational processes