Frontend Software Engineer
About The Position
Freightos is bringing freight online with the world’s largest global freight marketplace. Almost everything we eat, wear or use is shipped or flown by the global freight industry, but its technology is stuck in the ’90s….and we’re changing that. Beyond helping thousands of top tier companies worldwide, we’ve raised nearly $100 million from investors like GE Ventures, the Singapore Exchange and Aleph, and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited in the process..
Changing global trade starts with shipping great code.
We’re looking for Frontend Engineers to join our growing Barcelona R&D team. The perfect candidates are engineers who love solving complex problems and enjoy the challenge of building products that are critical for our customers and are used to generate millions of dollars. Our products manage millions of pricing points, hundreds of thousands of quotes and millions of location codes. We are looking for engineers that can enjoy facing technological challenges, are able to come up with creative solutions, and build credible and reliable products to respond to millions of quote requests and API calls.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to every part of the development and deployment cycle, including design, workload estimation, development, integration, documentation, testing and post production operations and support. To be successful the candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. Our engineers take responsibility of what they build and proactively take action to make sure our platform serves our customers appropriately.
We are looking for engineers who give caring and love to every single line of their code, and enjoy healthy technical discussions with their peers to always keep improving Freightos quality standards, while still allowing our ship to rapidly change course when required.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with React-Redux is highly desirable.
- Experience in Java or an OO programming language.
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals, object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience in microservices architectures is a plus.
- Excellent communication, self organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent reading, speaking and writing skills.
- Must have a valid EU work permit