PHP Software Engineer
About The Position
WebCargo, digitizes global freight sales for over 2,000 of the world’s largest logistics providers and carriers.
We’re part of the Freightos Group, a logistics technology company that’s raised nearly $100 million from investors like GE Ventures, the Singapore Exchange and Aleph, and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited about freight. And if you think that’s cool, you’re going to think the rest of this is plane awesome (see what we did there?). We’ve had double-digit growth year after year and are looking to further expand in one of the biggest cargo freight markets; the Good ol’ US of A (and Canada too!). Uncle Sam wants you… to digitize his cargo.
This year has been an incredible year for us, full of successes and accompanied by a great growth of our development teams, and we still want to keep growing! That's why we are looking for PHP Software Engineers who want to join the challenge of digitizing an entire freight industry. And you can do it remotely from anywhere in Spain 😉
As part of our R&D team, you will:
- Maintain the web application (refactoring, improving performance, fixing issues, migrating code to new solutions)
- Refactor the software to meet modern standards: SOLID, DDD, Hexagonal Architecture, Unit Test, etc…
- Work on code optimization.
- Work in a cross-functional agile team
- Strong knowledge on PHP and MySQL. At least 2 years of experience working with these technologies.
- Must have a valid EU work permit.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Oh Romeo...you don’t need to be Shakespeare but fluent English will be necessary to communicate with some of your future colleagues.
- Experience building and configuring monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of microservices infrastructure.
- Experience designing tools to automate operational processes.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes. Experience with refactoring legacy components and systems.
- Knowledge in Hexagonal Architecture.
- Experience with automated testing practices (PHPUnit).
What you will be offered at Webcargo:
- Professional development opportunities.
- Ticket restaurant & Flexible remuneration.
- Be believe in continuous learning: Annual training budget for personal and professional development.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Flexible schedule & short Fridays so that we have a long weekend 🙂
- Flexibility to work from home.
- Private Health Insurance.
- You will be working in a multicultural and open environment, full of great people from multiple countries.
- Great office in Torre Glories with amazing views, located in the center of the technology HUB in Barcelona.
- If you work remotely, we will arrange an onboarding & quarterly trips for you to meet us in Barcelona.