Product Manager (WebCargo)
About The Position
Freightos is bringing freight online with the world’s largest global freight marketplace and WebCargo, the digital freight sales platform that powers over 1,500 global logistics providers and carriers. See your shirt? Or your cellphone? There’s a pretty good chance that WebCargo software helped make that happen. Beyond helping thousands of top tier companies worldwide, we’ve raised nearly $100 million from investors like GE Ventures, the Singapore Exchange and Aleph, and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited about freight.
And if you think that’s cool, we can’t wait until you read about this job.
About the position:
We’re hiring a product manager whiz, to help us whip complicated systems into shape with a killer cocktail of technical know-how, incredible coordination skills, and what can only be called True Grit. Our customers love how fast we’re evolving freight and you’ll help the product team deliver. And, as you can imagine, delivering on time is kind of a big deal for a freight tech company.
- You’re curious, motivated, and love to delight customers, ideally through awesome product but knock-knock jokes work too. You actually get our users, with finely honed empathy and a drive to identify and eliminate problems like a Human Hoover. Social skills matter - you aren’t afraid to *gasp* talk on the phone with a user to better understand their needs.
- A conductor without a symphony is sad. You’ll drive collaboration across multiple disciplines - data, marketing, operations, and sales. And people are passionate here; you help give everyone a voice.
- You once wrote an ode to the clarity of Lego instructions. You can take high-level product requirements and spit out spectacular specs in your sleep, clarified with crystal-clear user stories, acceptance criteria and data requirements.
- Anyone can drop a spec in a mailbox and wait for product delivery . No, you work closely with the R&D team to ensure proper hand-off, answer questions along the way, and guide delivery of a quality product. On time. Always on time.
- No one likes a surprise feature release. You’ll coordinate releases with internal teams to when we launch, including training and setback notifications (hopefully fewer of these).
- Prioritization is your middle name (or you are willing to legally change yours). You can evaluate and communicate trade-offs when having to make difficult choices.
- You’ve done this before. Really well. For at least two years as Product, Project or Program Manager.
- <no joke>This is a technical position. A background in technology and working with development teams is required. You take pride in technical solution delivery.</no joke>
- As Lao Tzu says, “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes”. You love change and working in a fast paced startup environment keeps you excited.
- You talk reaaal good, with excellent interpersonal & communication skills. And you can write project prose that transform complex ideas into executable R&D tasks.
- You have the ability to present complex technical information clearly to varying audiences. And you know how to listen!
- High level English skills: reading, speaking and writing skills.
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Experience with API`s, SYNC
- Have experience working with remote teams? Even better