Senior Product Manager
About The Position
WebCargo, part of the Freightos Group, digitizes global freight sales for over 1,400 of the world’s largest logistics providers and carriers. In other words, the phone, computer, tablet, or Discman you’re reading this on probably was imported using one of them (you’re welcome).
We’re part of the Freightos Group, a logistics technology company that’s raised nearly $100 million from investors like GE Ventures, the Singapore Exchange and Aleph, and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and The Wall Street Journal excited about freight.
Come help change global trade.
WebCargo’s Product Managers don’t just manage products. They manage magic, working with a team of engineers, QA specialists, designers and business stakeholders to build products that revolutionize the way freight works today. Which is a big deal.
So we’re looking for the kind of person who can come up with paradigm shifts (like the first person who combined cookie bits with ice cream). Specifically, we are looking for an extremely entrepreneurial Senior Product Manager who not only develops great products but also knows how to successfully change an industry - even the biggest industry in the world - with technology.
- Just get it. You’ll Understand the Freightos Group’s corporate and product strategy, our competitive position, our stupid jokes about freight, and our huge, huge vision. You’ll take that and envision strategic products that further establish Freightos as the air cargo market leader. Then you’ll have lunch.
- The change follows knowledge. And that’s not just something we read on a fortune cookie. You’ll deeply understand air cargo trends Freightos is leading and how it impacts airlines, forwarders and importers/exporters. This isn’t a product; it’s a global movement of the largest scale.
- Once you see it, you’ll open our eyes too. As an air cargo evangelist, you’ll establish a shared vision across the company, building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Of course, you’ll also need to lead ideation and development of products that make even old grump industry veterans say “whoa.”
- Unless you’re planning on writing the code at night (are you?), you’ll drive product development with a team of engineers and designers. This includes specs, feedback, feature acceptance, and bringing that Cookies N’ Cream ice cream to launch parties.
- Let the market have its say, Integrating usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements to make user’s brains explode with delight. Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Discover everything there is to know about the customer - everything - then make that information accessible to the whole group through Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) and Product Requirements Documents (PRDs).
- You’ve done this before. Really well - for at least two to five years.
- Team player and ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority (ie, you can make things happen). You make people work with motivation, not a cattle prod.
- We’re looking for creative, innovative problem-solvers. And, not to get greedy, but analytical skills are a big deal too.
- If you can’t talk about it, no one will ever know your brilliant idea. Communications matter. You should be able to communicate like Dr. Doolittle.
- Excellent English: The position demands written documentation to be shared with Freightos teams and customers. This means translating technical writing into regular-person language too.
- Experience in managing products and working with C-level executives to define product offerings.
- Ability to work with different business stakeholders across the company to define the best go-to-market strategy for a successful product introduction.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or any other related fields.
- Proven track record in introducing successfully a new product into a B2B market.
- Have experience working with remote teams is a plus
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology
- Managerial experience in leading product managers