Site Reliability Engineer, Software Engineer
About The Position
Freightos is the online marketplace for the trillion dollar freight industry. With a stellar investor portfolio that includes GE Ventures and Aleph, $94 million in funding, and a team with a track record of successful exits, the seven year old company is transitioning from startup to rapid revenue growth.
Which is important, because freight matters.
90% of everything we eat, wear or use is shipped or flown from other countries by the global freight (cargo) industry. But freight sales technology is stuck in the '90s, without automation and pricing transparency. Our unique patent-pending algorithm and sophisticated cloud-based stack change that, automating freight pricing and routing. Which is why after less than five years, most of the world's biggest freight forwarders use Freightos technology.
We’re not the only ones excited about changing the world. You can read about Freightos in the BBC, TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal and others.
When something goes wrong, who do you send? Ghostbusters.
But when something goes wrong for them, they call our SRE team. This incredible team aggressively tackles issues impacting our customers’ experience and our systems’ reliability. With code. As our Super Responsive Engineer (okay, not what it stands for but it’s kinda the same thing), you diagnose and resolve customer issues and identify root causes. But you take it one step further, helping us improve processes and methodologies so it never happens again. Just you, your keyboard, and a huge, huge mission. Oh, and also the DevOps teams, who help us scale our services and maintain our software compliance requirements.
Even though we’re triple as awesome as other startups, we're only looking for engineers who can get things done in half the time of an average engineer. Our new hires are expected to help, collaborate and add value quickly while working with our current R&D engineers.
- Capacity Management across multiple micro-services and universe dimensions (okay, probably just micro-services).
- Work/maintain CI/CD (and understand/comprehend acronyms/initials).
- Troubleshoot and debug, solve complex problems, introduce mechanisms, and use new designs and best practices to prevent the recurrence of the problem. In other words, be really, really good.
- Grab a calendar or two - you’ll need to help with our release management.
- Own system reliability and performance end to end, build tools, and process for system monitoring.
- Participate in planning for new initiatives in deployment cycle throughout the R&D organization.
- Participate in the on-call rotation to provide 24x7 support. We’ll make the coffee.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or any related field.
- Jaw-droppingly outstanding Computer Science fundamentals, scripting language, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Good knowledge of Google/AWS cloud infrastructure and platforms (load balancers, storage, databases).
- Experience in CI tools like Jenkins.
- Experience in maintaining large scale, high performing and distributed systems.
- Experience in designing tools to automate operational processes.
- Prior work with building and configuring monitoring tools.
- Excellent communication, self-organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Programming skills in Java or an OO programming language is a plus. Because everyone likes objects, right?
- Full Time Position
- Location: Ramallah