PHP Web Developer
About The Position
Freightos is bringing freight online with the world’s largest global freight marketplace and WebCargo, the digital freight sales platform that powers over 2,000 global logistics providers and carriers. See your shirt? Or your cellphone? There’s a pretty good chance that WebCargo software helped make that happen. Beyond helping thousands of top tier companies worldwide, we’ve raised nearly $100 million from investors like GE Ventures, the Singapore Exchange and Aleph, and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited about freight.
And if you think that’s cool, we can’t wait until you read about this job.
About the Amazing Role
We’re building the House of Freight, where companies of all sizes come to manage their imports. But to get into the house, they need to walk through the front door - our website.
First impressions matter and in today’s world, it’s all about your website. Well, and your Instagram coffee cup pictures, but that’s not really the point. Our homepages are built with one cup of Wordpress, two tablespoons of design, and a bathtub full of love. Now we’re looking for the perfect full stack developer who can make sure our website provides the perfect experience for millions of annual visitors, working together with a fabulous marketing team.
- If you’re Da Vinci, the website is your Mona Lisa. You’ll take (pretty!) designs, mock-ups, and specs and create slim, fast loading and elegant pages and templates, tapping into our existing custom theme.
- Since Wordpress is all about the ecosystem, you’ll make sure that changes we make continue to work with our third-party tools. And, when relevant, you’ll give the marketing department the ability to change the core content they need to change.
- A goldfish has a 6 second attention span; our users only last 3 seconds. You’ll optimize the website, third party plugins, and integrated applications from our app so that everything runs faster than Hussein Bolt on 6 cups of caffeine.
- You’ll own key metrics (load time, up-time, bounce rates) on missions critical pages, tracking the data and changing our website architecture accordingly. Don’t worry, we have a lot of data.
- It doesn’t end with Wordpress. A huge part of our success to date is creating small additional applications, like calculators, that we can integrate on our website. So far we’ve built them in node.js and using existing Freightos APIs. In a perfect world, you’ll help develop them. If not, you’ll help integrate them so that they keep working.
- Extensive Wordpress experience. Like, SUPER extensive. You should be a PHP hero, living and dreaming page templates, Wordpress hooks, and cloud hosting.
- Just like a first-grader, we really like to be special. So we build things ground up. And that means you should have deep experience with custom-built themes.
- This isn’t exactly your grandmother’s knitting club website. You should have experience optimizing high-volume websites to enhance user experience without spending more than NASA spent to put a man on the moon. Things like Google Developer speed and mobile/responsive site development familiarity will help.
- Our team works in English so you’ll need fairly advanced English skills
- Optional; React, NodeJS, Cloud Hosting
- Previous experience is required