BI Engineer / Developer
About The Position
Freightos is bringing freight online with the world’s largest global freight marketplace. Almost everything we eat, wear or use is shipped or flown by the global freight industry, but its technology is stuck in the ’90s….and we’re changing that. Beyond helping thousands of top tier companies worldwide, we’ve raised nearly $100 million from investors like GE Ventures, the Singapore Exchange and Aleph, and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited in the process..
Come help change global trade.
Much like our dashingly good looks and great freight puns, data is a strategic differentiator for Freightos. Want proof? We recently launched the Freightos Baltic Index (FBX), the world’s most definitive container shipping index (think S&P 500 for containers). We are are going to be doing more of that. You’ll be leading the charge. Across Freightos’ fantastically favorable freight features, we use data to analyze user behavior, funnel conversion, match features to different user segments, build financial models to drive long term planning, optimize our coffee machine operation time and much more.
But there is much data and little time. So we’re looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to who to write the SeQueL to our wonderful journey, creating new data solutions, maintaining existing solutions, and be a focal point of all technical aspects of our BI activity. We’ll give you ownership of our data infrastructure, warehousing, and ETLs, you give us analysis, ideas, and an infrastructure that helps us scale to global domination.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain Freightos BI data model. There are a lot of stakeholders involved, you’ll help modify, build and maintain dataflows for everyone.
- Create new ETL processes and optimize existing ones.
- Build and maintain a framework for monitoring dataflows to ensure data reliability.
- Freight is complicated and so is data. You’ll provide BI analysts and other customers inside the company with technical support related to BI activity.
- Integrated teams are important. Integrating platforms are more important. You’ll work closely with tech teams (don’t worry, they’re fun) on design and implementation of big data solutions and integrations.
- Use data to create insights that drive value, defining KPIs and providing the methodologies to accurately measure the firm’s performance, as well as defining and designing the most effective form of visualization.
- Very high level of SQL - a must. But you knew that already.
- Multi-year experience with ETL tools and data warehouse modeling. That doesn’t mean you needed to have modeled in a warehouse.
- Multi-year experience using a BI/reporting platform like Tableau/ Sisense/ QlikView/ Looker/ Domo. Bonus points if you created a Tableau visualization to document your usage of Tableau.
- Interested and experienced (and dare we say passionate) in data science / machine learning tools - an advantage
Critical Competencies for Success
- “Can-do” attitude. Gets ship done.
- If a data table is generated in a woods, it’s totally worthless. You’ll need superior communication skills, the ability to tell a compelling story with data, and the ability to easily talk shop with anyone from developers and baristas to C-suite.
- You thrive in a dynamic startup environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you handle partial information, missing data, and broad requirements pragmatically and gracefully.