Part of the Freight Term Glossary
All shipments require the sender and receiver to assume the roles of consignor and consignee.
A consignor is the exporter of record for a shipment. This may be:
- The factory where your goods are manufactured.
- The sourcing agent who takes ownership of the export, including finding your factory and arranging necessary documentation.
- The origin location (if different from the factory).
A consignee is the exporter of record for a shipment. This may be:
- The buyer of goods from overseas AKA the person booking on Freightos.
- The client being represented by a final destination.