Software Development Engineer
About The Position
Freightos is the online marketplace for the trillion dollar freight industry. With a stellar investor portfolio that includes GE Ventures and Aleph, $94 million in funding, and a team with a track record of successful exits, the seven year old company is transitioning from startup to rapid revenue growth.
Which is important, because freight matters.
90% of everything we eat, wear or use is shipped or flown from other countries by the global freight (cargo) industry. But freight sales technology is stuck in the '90s, without automation and pricing transparency. We’ve changed that for hundreds of thousands of users who have used our digital freight marketplace, for over half of the world’s largest logistics providers, who use our tech internally, for Alibaba.com, who run a “Powered by Freightos” freight marketplace, and for countless other logistics professionals.
We’re not the only ones excited about changing the world. You can read about Freightos in the BBC, TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal and others.
Changing global trade starts with shipping great code. Boxes don’t move before those bytes move.
Freightos is looking for software development engineers; fresh graduates, mid, and/or seniors!
We are looking for software engineers who love solving complex problems and enjoy the challenge of building systems that are critical for our customers and are used to generate millions of dollars. Nah, make that billion. Our systems manage over two billion pricing points (in other words, Excel doesn’t really cut it), hundreds of thousands of quotes and millions of location codes. We are looking for engineers that can work under pressure and build reliable systems to respond to millions of quote requests and API calls while still sipping a computer-lemonade.
Come ready for a challenge and don’t be fooled by container ships; this is rocket-science technology.
You’ll drive software architecture and design patterns for complex features that require advanced Computer Science and high-level programming language expertise (no “Hello World”. Think - “Hello, let’s ship the world” instead). Freightos sets an incredibly high bar to meet internal and customer commitments; you’re the type of engineer that pushes the bar even higher, mentoring and cultivating to drive consensus and align different opinions. Not to mention leveraging your experience in building mission-critical systems with SOA, microservices and APIs that scream modularity. From bug-zapping to analytics and on to problem-solving, you have the skills needed to bring a trillion dollar industry online.
- As a Cargo Code Commander (fine, Software Development Engineer), you’ll engineer software development of major features and systems, from architecture to design, build and maintenance.
- Contribute throughout the development and deployment cycle across the R&D organization.
- With over a million lines of code, ship happens. You’ll troubleshoot and solve complex problems and introduce mechanisms, new designs and best practices to prevent the recurrence of the problem.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Excellent proven Computer Science fundamentals, OO design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Excellent communication, self-organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong English skills - written and spoken.
For Mid / Senior positions:
- At least 5 years of experience.
- Excellent (seriously, excellent) programming skills in Java or an OO language.
- Experience in design and architecture of complex solutions.
- Good knowledge of Google / AWS cloud infrastructure and platforms (load balancers, storage, databases).
- Experience of building and configuring monitoring tools.
- Experience designing tools to automate operational processes.
Relevant CV’s send to: freightos.SDE@applynow.io