Freightos Group’s mission is to make global trade frictionless by bringing logistics providers, importers, exporters and carriers online, making international freight easy and transparent. Similarly, it is important to us that we are transparent about the data we collect about Freightos Group users (aka you) and how we use that data.
Our Users and Visitors use Freightos Group to compare freight shipping options, educate themselves with regards to freight processes or current market conditions, book and pay for their shipments, manage them, and coordinate and communicate with their respective logistics providers. This involves sharing information regarding shipment routes, cargo details, and business information about themselves and their logistics needs and services.
Data Controllers and Contracting Parties
Any of the Freightos Group entities is a controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with such Freightos Group entity’s Services.
Data We Collect
Data You Provide To Us
Registration and account information
To create an account you need to provide data including your company name, email address, some information about your shipping habits such as frequency, mobile number, and a password. Upon booking a shipment, you also provide a payment method. In some cases, you may invite additional users to access your account; we retain this data as well. We will collect data about your location country and preferences such as language. We collect all this data to allow you to open an account and use our services. Our legal basis for this is the need for collecting and processing this data in order to fulfill our side of the contract with you, and perform our Services.
As part of our Services, you search for freight quotes, book them and upload relevant commercial details to process the shipment. When you search for a shipment, we retain the parameters that you searched for. We also retain information about shipments booked, phone calls conducted regarding that search, on-site and emailed messages with both our team and the selected logistics provider, as well as payment information. For shipments to take place, you will also frequently need to upload commercial documents, like your commercial invoice, power of attorney, hazardous material statements and other shipment-related documentation. These documents in turn may contain other personal data. We use this information to help streamline your shipments and they are only accessible to relevant Freightos Group employees and the relevant service provider.
We collect and process this data for several reasons –first, is to be able to supply our Services to you. Second, we also process and collect this data to improve our future services to you, and to all our customers. The legal basis for this is in order to perform the contract to which you are a party – and also our legitimate interest to provide you with our Services.
Posting and Uploading
We collect data from you when you provide, post or upload it to our Services, or when you communicate with Freightos Group staff or your service providers or your buyers by phone, email, chat, or our in-app messenger. In this case we collect and process this data in order to supply our Services to you, and to give you support whenever it is needed. Our legal basis for this is the performance of the contract to which you are a party – and also our legitimate interest to provide you with support and respond to your requests and enquiries.
Data From Others
We may receive data about your company when you use the services of Freightos Group providers and partners, such as insurance agencies, customs brokerages, logistics providers, and credit score assessment companies. We use this data in order to provide our Services to you. If you provided any of our partners with relevant personal data, they may share it with us. Depending on the context, our legal basis for collecting this data is the performance of the contract to which you are a party – and also our legitimate interest to process your requests.
We log usage data when you visit or otherwise use our Services, including our sites and platform technology, such as when you view or click on web pages or freight quotes, perform a search, or engage with our content. We use log-ins, cookies, device information and internet protocol (“IP”) addresses to identify you and log your use. We use them to analyze trends, administer our websites, track users’ movement around the websites, and gather different kinds of demographic information. We also use them for data security purposes. Our legal basis for this is our legitimate interest to provide you with access to the Services.
Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
Your Device and Location
We (indirectly) receive data from your devices and networks, including location data through third-party technology. When you visit or leave our Services (including our plugins or similar technology on the sites of others), we receive the URL of the site you came from. Our third party technologies also may get information about your IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser, device identifier and features, and/or ISP. For specific, location-related tools, we will ask you to opt-in before we use GPS or other tools to identify your precise location. We collect and process this data to render our Services to you, where relevant, and to improve our Services for you and other Users. The legal basis for this is your consent (again, where this is relevant), for the performance of the contract to which you are a party, and our legitimate interest to provide you with our Services.
If you communicate through our Services, we learn about that. It is supposed to work that way and would be weird if we didn’t. We collect information about your messages when you send, receive, or engage with messages in connection with our Services. We also use automatic scanning technology on messages (which is kind of cool, if you think about it). We collect and process this data to render our Services to you, where relevant, and to improve our Services for you and other Users. Our legal basis for this is your consent.
Information Provided from Freight Partners/Employers
When your employer or shipping partner uses Freightos Group services and invites you to the platform, they give us data about you. If an employer or business partner (supplier, customer, handling agent, customer broker etc.) invites you to collaborate on Freightos Group, they may provide us with personal data about you and business data about your company. For example, they may share your company name, role at the company, contact details, and permissions levels when you manage their shipments. We may use this data to establish a business connection with you, or to improve our Services. Depending on the context, our legal basis for collecting this data is the consent you give us for this purpose, our legitimate interest, and/or for the purposes of pre-contractual discussions with you.
How We Use Your Data
- As we explained above, we use your data to provide, support, personalize and develop our Services. We use the data that we have about your business account to provide and personalize our Services, including with the help of automated systems and inferences we make, so that they can be more relevant and useful to your company.
Our Services help your company optimize freight shipping and make global logistics easier with access to global service providers, freight quotes, shipment management, educational material and more.
Communication is what make freight shipping work. Freightos Group helps your company communicate with our support staff and with our service providers. This takes places through both in-app and offline channels (and as few faxes as possible).
We will contact your business through email, phone, or messages on our websites, and other ways through our Services, including text messages and push notifications. To keep you in the loop, we will also use these channels to let you know about the availability of our Services, security, and other service-related issues. Like the rest of the internet, we also send messages about how to use Freightos Group, reminders that hopefully help you save time and money on freight, and promotional messages from us and partners that we like. You may change your communication preferences at any time here. There are some notifications we can’t let you opt out of, like service messages from us, including security and legal notices.
We also enable communications between you and others through our Services, including our in-app messenger and emails.
- We promote our Services to you and others.
- We use data and content about how businesses use Freightos Group to promote our digital freight revolution. For example, we may use the logos or names of really cool companies that have shipped with us. We never share personal information, without running it by you first.
- We develop our Services and conduct research.
- Service Development and Freight Research
- Freight traditionally lacks transparency and Big Data. We’re incredibly proud of building a tool that empowers business users with data they need… but it involves conducting research on platform engagement, freight shipping patterns and more, to help disseminate freight knowledge back to our users.
- We also use engagement patterns with our platform to help optimize product development. If a lot of users (or one very important one, just like you) seem to like a feature, we’re going to double down on that. The user business data that we have or collect informs us and helps us further develop our platform. In some cases, we work with trusted third parties to perform this research while taking measures to protect individual business privacy.
- Customer Support – We use data to help you fix problems. We use the personal data (which can include your communications) to investigate, respond to and resolve complaints and Service issues (e.g., bugs). Hopefully, you’ll never need to figure that out.
- We use aggregate data (not personal data) to generate aggregate insights. We use your data to produce and share aggregated insights that do not identify you. For example we may use your data to generate statistics about the businesses using Freightos Group or for creating aggregate freight indices and other market insights. We always anonymize data for these insights.
How We Protect your Information
- We take great care in making sure the data you give us and the data we collect from you is well protected. Therefore, we implemented adequate and appropriate security measures, both physical and digital. Please note, however, that we cannot guarantee that the information will not be compromised as a result of unauthorized penetration to our servers.
- Data security and protection is dependent on both the security of our systems, and the security of the User’s systems and devices. Please make sure you use adequately strong passwords, and that you do not share them with anyone.
How We Share Information
- We use service providers and third parties to help us provide our Services (e.g., maintenance, analysis, audit, payments, fraud detection, marketing and development). They may have access to some of your personal data as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are contractually obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes. If you’ve already read this far, it shows that you’re pretty diligent. So take our word for it that we’re also very diligent and ensure that our partners treat your data with the respect it deserves.
- The following is a list of third parties to which we provide your personal data:
|Amazon Web Services||A cloud provider used for storage purposes|
|Google Cloud Platform||A cloud provider used for storage purposes|
|PandaDoc||Sales and e-signing services|
|MongoDB||Transaction support and file storage|
|Netsuite||Inventory management and CRM|
|Atlassian||Issue tracking and project management|
- It is possible that we will need to disclose personal information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you, (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (4) protect the security or integrity of our Service (such as by sharing with companies facing similar threats); or (5) exercise or protect the rights and safety of Freightos Group, our users, personnel, or others. We attempt to notify Users about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
- We may also share your data when you explicitly give us permission to do so. This can happen, for example, in marketing offers we may present you from time to time.
Additional Information on Data Transfers
- We transfer data to the following companies for storage: AWS, Google Cloud, MongoDB, PandaDoc and Netsuite. The servers hosting the data are located in the EU and the United States.
- As we mentioned earlier, we may transfer your data between different entities of the Freightos Group group. Any such transfer will be covered by our internal processing agreement, which contractually obliges each member of our group to ensure that any personal data being transferred will receive proper and adequate data protection wherever it is transferred to.
- When we transfer your personal data to third-parties, we will always make sure, through contractual obligations such as the European Standard Contractual Clauses (“SCCs”) and other legal mechanisms (such as Adequacy Decisions by the European Commission) that your Personal Data is being adequately protected and handled with care.
- Microsoft Clarity. We use Microsoft Clarity, which is a tool that allows us to better understand how users and other visitors interact with our websites, so we could use this information to adapt and improve our websites and services. Please note that third parties, including Microsoft, may collect personal information about you while you use and browse our website. The use of Microsoft Clarity is subject to the Terms of Service available at: https://clarity.microsoft.com/terms. To read more about Microsoft’s data collection practice and privacy statements, please see the Microsoft Privacy Statements, available here: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement. If you wish to opt-out of Microsoft Clarity, you may exercise your choice through this mechanism: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu.
- Our website and Services are always changing and improving – so we reserve the right to remove or add new analytic tools from time to time.
Your Choices & Obligations
- Data Retention
We keep most of your personal data for as long as your account is open, and for a maximum of 5 years after the termination of your account. Unless we are legally obligated to retain your personal data for a longer period (as further detailed in the Account Closure Section below).
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you Services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Services. Even if you only use our Services when searching for freight quotes every once in a while, we will retain your information and keep your profile open until you decide to close your account. In some cases we choose to retain certain information in a depersonalized or aggregated form.
- Your Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Data ((some of the below rights might apply only to individuals protected by the GDPR)
We provide many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your data, including opt-outs and communication controls. For personal data that we have about you:
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us to review your data which we hold, and for a copy of your personal data. The copy of the personal data you provided will be transferred to you in machine readable form.
- Delete Data: You can delete personal data from your profile page or ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you) through this link.
- Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Data Portability: if you ask us to give you a copy of your personal data in a machine readable form, you may take the personal data and transmit it to another controller.
- You have the right to request information about our legal basis for transferring your personal data.
- While we will try to accommodate all requests to exercise rights, we may need to occasionally limit, or refuse, some of them. This may happen if we have different legal obligations, or if we believe we have a legal basis to refuse it. We may also charge certain amounts for the exercise of rights, where the law allows it – and only when we will believe it is necessary. Upon a request, we may need to ask you to give us additional information, in order to confirm your identity and prevent exposure of personal data to unauthorized persons.
You may contact us using the contact information below, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- Account Closure
We keep some of your data even after you close your account.
If you choose to close your Freightos Group account, your personal data will generally stop being visible to others on our Services within 24 hours. We generally delete closed account information within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below.
Information you have shared with others will remain visible after you closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile or mailbox, and we do not control data that other Users copied out of our Services.
Note for example that in some cases your name, email, or phone may appear on freight quotes and contracts which we will keep indefinitely for regulatory reasons, or for the integrity of our financial records, even after you stop being a User.
Data of Children
We do not offer our products or services for use by children and, therefore, we do not knowingly collect personal data from or about children under the age of eighteen (18). Frankly, we’d be surprised if they’d be interested in our services to begin with. If you are under the age of eighteen (18), do not provide any personal data to us. In the event that we become aware that you provide personal data in violation of applicable privacy laws, we reserve the right to delete it. If you believe that we might have personal data of children under the age of eighteen (18), please contact us at [email protected].
Specific Provisions Applicable Under California Privacy Law
- Our California Do Not Track Notice. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers, but we may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Services.
Other Important Information
We monitor for and try to prevent security breaches. Please use the security features available through our Services.
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as enforcing the use of HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- Lawful Bases for Processing
We have lawful bases to collect, use and share personal data about you. You choose to use our Services and have choices about our use of your personal data.
At any time, you can withdraw whichever optional consent you have provided by requesting to withdraw.
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Freightos Group Services you have requested)) and legitimate interests. Legitimate interests will include processing your personal data for the purposes of Freightos Group legitimate interests or for the legitimate interests of third parties (e.g., your employer or company), provided that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal data to:
- Protect you, us, or others from threats (such as security threats or fraud);
- Comply with laws that apply to us;
- Enable or administer our business, manage corporate transactions, such as mergers or acquisitions; and
- Understand and improve our business or customer relationships generally.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
You can contact us or use other options to resolve any complaints.
If you have questions or complaints regarding this Policy, please contact Freightos Group here.
Thanks for trusting Freightos Group with your business and your data.