Standard Operating Procedure (“SOP”) for Sellers
Last updated: 2019-07-10
Table of Contents
This SOP details how logistics service providers (“Sellers”) display, sell and provide services through Freightos. These rules may change from time to time to reflect best business practices. Since all changes are binding and will govern your presence on Freightos, we recommend that you review this SOP every three months to stay up to date. Active Freightos Sellers may be notified in writing upon substantial changes. You can contact us with any questions and your feedback is welcome. The use of Freightos is also subject to the Freightos Master Services Agreement (“MSA”). All capitalized words in this SOP shall have the meaning found in this SOP or in the Freightos Glossary.
2. Welcome to Freightos
Freightos provides an innovative online platform that makes global trade frictionless, matching businesses looking for a better freight experience with a global network of first-rate logistics service providers.
Freightos enables freight forwarders, brokers, carriers, insurers, and other professional vendors of freight services (“Sellers”) to easily and instantly sell freight services or ancillary services to Buyers. Freightos regularly acquires new Buyers so that Sellers like you can offer them an excellent freight experience.
3. What Freightos provides Sellers
Freightos offers a user friendly platform that allows Buyers and Sellers to easily find each other and generate instant quotes that facilitate entering into freight service contracts. The contract is always directly between the Seller and the Buyer and Freightos is not a party to that agreement in any capacity. Rather, Freightos is a facilitator of the exchange of freight services between Buyers and Sellers. Freightos provides you, the Seller, with the following services:
- Automation of generating price Quotes based on the rates you provide.
- Advertising and promotion of your freight services across the Freightos platform and websites.
- Supporting the establishment of a commercial contract between you and Buyer.
- Providing a platform for communication and document exchanges between you and Buyer to facilitate the smooth operation of the transaction and allow auditing, tracking, dispute resolution and rating of the transaction.
- Acting as your collection agent to collect payment from Buyers on your behalf for the services provided.
- Freightos Payment Guarantee – Freightos acts as agent of the Seller (payee) and guarantees payment in full for the amount in Seller’s Quote and a limited list of additional services. (See Section 5.8.1 for more details).
Freightos does not act as a freight vendor, forwarder, insurer, broker, contracting agent, customs broker, or other representative, nor does Freightos act as a Buyer, Shipper, Consignee, Importer of Record or principal party of interest. You are responsible for performing all obligations to provide freight services under any agreements with the Buyer.
Freightos’ team is here to help things go smoothly, on a best efforts basis, and help you focus on what you do best, moving freight.
4. Freightos Seller Fees
Freightos charges Sellers the following fees for every Shipment booked through Freightos or as set out in Section 5.4.3:
|Main Mode||Seller’s Fee|
All transactions are subject to a minimum of 5 USD charge and all amounts from which these fee calculations are done are based on the total amounts invoiced by the Seller.
For a multi-leg Shipment, the fee percentage will be assessed based only on the main mode of the Shipment. For example: if a Shipment is picked up by a truck at a factory and is transferred by air freight overseas, the primary mode for the Seller’s Fee calculation will be AIR [4%] and not LTL [5%] (truck). For such a Shipment, the Seller’s Fee shall be 4% for the total amount invoiced by Sellers.
5. How does Freightos work?
Freightos brings Buyers and Sellers of freight services together to allow them to enter into freight service agreements. A Buyer looking to ship goods will enter his or her specifications into the designated fields, click “Search” and will instantly see automatically generated price Quotes, provided by Freightos Sellers. When a Buyer purchases a Seller’s service by booking a Quote, this becomes a legal and binding agreement between the Buyer and the Seller.
Freightos may allow certain segments of Buyers to see rates which are being published to their specific Tiers. Freightos defines who is in the tier and Sellers provide differentiated or adjusted pricing.
Following receipt of notification of a valid Booking by Freightos, Seller shall commence execution of the Shipment as detailed in this SOP. Freightos is not a party to that agreement between Buyer and Seller and does not act as a freight vendor, forwarder, insurer, broker, contracting agent, customs broker, or other representative, and neither does Freightos act as a Buyer. You will be responsible for the performance of the service as contracted.
5.1 Seller Onboarding
Once a Seller is accepted into Freightos he undergoes an onboarding process as follows:
- Online Seller Registration Agreement – Seller completes and signs the Freightos Marketplace Sellers Registration Agreement. Sellers must have and maintain all necessary licenses in all applicable jurisdictions Sellers must be in good financial standing and abide by all applicable laws and regulations. Sellers must also ensure that all of Seller’s subcontractors involved in providing the services have and maintain all necessary licenses and abide by applicable laws. Sellers shall be fully responsible for all actions taken by themselves and by agents and/or subcontractors on their behalf in fulfillment of their services through Freightos.
- Introductory Kick-Off Meeting between Freightos and Seller.
- Introduction of Freightos Seller team account manager and Seller’s designated contact person.
- Freightos SOP and Pricing Requirements for Freightos Marketplace Sellers review.
- Finance review and requirements. Sellers must provide:
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Bank confirmation evidencing the bank account to which we initiate our payments to.
- Pricing: Seller shares and reviews service scope and pricing with Freightos.
- Operations: Review of how to execute Shipments booked through Freightos.
- Accounting: Payment processing, invoices and purchase orders.
- Training and Onboarding.
Freightos provides Seller with system training.
- Pricing: Rate setup and management.
- Operations: Uploading freight documents, updating shipment statuses and system communication.
- Pricing: Rate setup and management, quotation review and issuing custom quotes to Buyers.
- Quote review process: Before you go live the first time we will help you review the pricing before it is available to Buyers.
- Shipment Data Setup. Identification of Seller TMS to automatically pull Shipment milestone information and carrier booking data.
- Ongoing Education and Monitoring.
5.2 Seller Supplies Rates to Freightos
As a participating Freightos Seller, you will provide Freightos with rates that you would like to make available to Buyers.
The rates that you provide will be used by Freightos’ unique routing and pricing engine to generate a Quote based on the criteria entered by the Buyer. The rates must be both comprehensive and exact, as you will be paid for the exact amount in the Quote. Should a Buyer book a Quote, it becomes a binding contract between the Buyer and the Seller, and becomes a Shipment.
If a Buyer saves a Quote, it will remain binding throughout its validity and Buyers shall be entitled to book it.
Below you will find detailed instructions on providing rates.
5.2.1 Provide Freightos with pricing
Seller shall provide Freightos, in one of the ways set forth in Section 5.2.6 below, with rates which shall serve as the basis for generating a Quote. Freightos requires that the following accurate and comprehensive pricing information be included:
- A list of rates for each service.
- Comprehensive and transparent list of all applicable surcharges which will appear on published Quotes.
- Optionally, multiple service level offerings (differentiated by transit times, validity period, carrier type, etc).
- Transit time range for each service offered.
- Particular carrier listings.
- Validity dates.
- Comments and any explanatory comments to further explain a specific surcharge to the Buyer.
- Special pricing for chosen tiers of customers.
22.214.171.124 Alternative option for pick-up and delivery rates
On Freightos, Buyers have the option to receive door-to-door Quotes in a fully automated way. This is achieved by using the unique Freightos routing engine to combine multiple legs of the shipment into a full, door-to-door route. For example, if you provide rates for pickup, origin charges, port-to-port air or ocean, destination charges and delivery, Freightos can combine these into a single door-to-door Quote on your behalf.
In case you do not have your own pickup/delivery rates, you may authorize Freightos to include local trucking rates in the Quote based on a benchmark of current market rates, or based on specific service providers such as a local trucking broker, in order to complete the door-to-door offering. Freightos may facilitate a business introduction in the case this is fulfilled by a provider but, ultimately, the Seller remains responsible for honoring the price and performing the service.
126.96.36.199 Service Levels and transit times
When a Seller provides rates they must specify the service level and estimated port-to-port transit time expected for the service as follows:
- Air freight: specify the carrier and transit time for each service and state the service level for each: “Direct”, “indirect” or “consol” (for direct, indirect flights and consolidation services respectively).
- Ocean freight: specify the port-to-port transit time for the service(s) you intend to provide. Routing details for each service must be provided (ie. transshipment port).
- Courier/Express: specify a door-to-door transit time.
All transit times must be given in terms of calendar days, not business days. Seller must execute the shipment in accordance with the Quote and the service levels indicated.
Freightos also adds an estimated transit time range for the full route quoted. Freightos measures estimated transit times and expects Sellers to transport within these ranges. Freightos stores this information and may use it for modeling and rating purposes, and may publish this information.
188.8.131.52 Rate validity
When you provide rates you must specify the validity range (“Rates Validity Period”). Please provide updated rates a few days before their expiration. If no expiration date is provided, the rates shall remain valid until we receive a specific notice that they have ceased to be valid.
For rates received electronically via API or dynamically generated through WebCargo, the rates shall remain valid for the agreed number of days at the time of setup which is expressed in the “Rate valid for days” field.
The Seller will honor Saved Quotes within this validity range. The Seller will also honor booked quotes even if notification is received following the end of the Rates Validity Period.
184.108.40.206 Accessorial Charges
Freightos supports automatic quoting for a number of accessorial charges. These will be added to the Quote as set forth in Appendix E – Pricing Requirements for Sellers.
For other accessorial charges that may be added to a Shipment during execution, please provide pricing to be used as needed. If you provide the service but have not provided a price, then Freightos shall apply the market price to the Quote and you shall be paid the market price.
220.127.116.11 Delivery to Fulfillment Centers
Seller is encouraged to provide services for delivery to Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) warehouses and other fulfillment centers. Those facilities typically require: labelling, palletizing, consolidating shipments at destination, scheduling delivery to one or more warehouses, and similar services. Sellers interested in offering these services will provide Freightos with the following rates which will be included in relevant Quote.
For LCL, additional pricing may include:
- Palletization – per CBM.
- Labeling – per box.
- Flat delivery fee for appointments.
- Courier labeling charges – per box.
For FCL the additional pricing will cover for three services: floor loaded container sent to Amazon; Amazon cargo loaded in the Container from origin; Devanning and Repalletized in the US.
- Floor Loaded: Storage, Cost per Day and Appointment.
- Prepared at Origin: Storage, Cost per Day and Appointment.
- Rework in the US: Devanning, repalletizing and delivering the goods.
For all of the above FCL services, boxes must be labeled at origin by the Supplier. There is no pricing support for boxes which are not labeled at origin.
Every container delivered to an FBA warehouse must have a valid proof of delivery.
5.2.2 Quotes terms and conditions
All Quotes on Freightos are governed by the General Terms and Conditions that can be found in Appendix D.
5.2.3 Business days
For this SOP a Business Day is Monday through Friday from 09.00 am through 06.00 pm EST, when US banks are open. When this SOP refers to a Seller’s Business Day these hours apply to the Seller’s place of business on days when banks in Seller’s country are open, and when this SOP refers to a Buyer’s Business Day these hours apply to the Buyer’s place of business when banks in Buyer’s Business Day are open.
5.2.4 Quote Currency
Rates may be submitted to Freightos in any currency, and will be converted to USD or to the Buyer’s currency at the time of quoting. The conversion rate will be the middle rate known at the time of the generation of the Quote. If the Quote is given to Buyer in a currency other than US Dollars, then Freightos shall be entitled to include a FX conversion markup to the Quote which will not be paid to the Seller. The Quote currency will be the ultimate amount paid by Freightos to the Seller, irrespective of currency fluctuations between Quote and payment. Currently, we encourage Sellers to send invoices denominated in USD.
5.2.5 Additional Services Offered to Buyer
18.104.22.168 Customs Brokerage
Buyers may request import customs brokerage services when booking. These services may be purchased directly through a third party Seller on Freightos or through Buyers’ selected Sellers on the Marketplace if they offer their own custom clearance services.
Seller’s obligations regarding customs brokerage services are set out in Appendix B.
If Buyer does not select the Customs Brokerage additional service then Buyer takes full responsibility for clearing customs.
Whichever modality Sellers operate, all Sellers must provide all information relevant in advance so that the appropriate party can proceed with the clearing of the goods.
22.214.171.124 Insurance and Cargo Protection
Buyers may request insurance policies or services when booking. These services may be purchased directly through a third party Seller on Freightos or through those selected Sellers on the Marketplace that also offer their own insurance services.
In the event that a Buyer or a Third party will request confirmation of purchase of an insurance or cargo protection policy, then Seller must provide this information or evidence in a timely manner. Should any claim be filed by a Buyer, Seller must take all necessary measures to assist Buyer in filing and settling the claim in a timely manner and provide all necessary documentation and evidence if relevant.
In the case you are providing similar services please see Appendix C.
5.2.6 Mechanisms for providing and updating rates on Freightos
Rates can be provided in one of several ways:
- Managed – You send us rates in your own Excel files and Freightos Data Services performs upload and data maintenance on your behalf. This is currently offered at no charge for the first six months of selling on Freightos. Freightos may decide to charge for this service and will provide at least one month’s prior notice.
- Electronic – Rates shared with Freightos via electronic integration (i.e. API). This requires a fully documented, stable modern API.
- Saas Enabled – If you are a Freightos AcceleRate and/or Freightos WebCargo Subscriber it is possible to automate sharing rates on Freightos.
- Self Serve – Freightos provides online rate management tools and templates for Sellers to manage your pricing directly.
All rates provided are at the sole responsibility of Seller. Once a rate has been provided and published, Seller must respect such rates and perform the Shipment in accordance with the Quote.
For more details on the different options please speak to your Sellers account manager.
5.3 Seller Provides Track & Trace Information
A central pillar of Freightos is transparency and a high level of customer service throughout the shipment lifecycle. To that end, Freightos provides Sellers with a platform to update Buyers with critical shipment milestone data through both direct communication and an online shipment portal.
- Direct Communication: Using the Freightos messenger functionality via the Freightos platform or emails, Sellers can contact and respond to Buyers. This ensures documented communication that mitigates misunderstanding. Customer satisfaction is contingent upon a timely response and is used by Freightos as one metric for evaluating Seller responsiveness.
- Milestone Reporting: Another method to ensure customer satisfaction is prompt communication of shipment milestones via direct TMS integration or manual updates. The required milestones and SLAs for timely lifecycle communication can be found in Appendix A. There are two ways to keep the milestones up to date in Freightos:
- TMS integration via CSV/XLS.
- Manual updtes to Freightos shipments.
5.4 Freightos Attracts Buyers
In order to facilitate increased exposure to potential Buyers, Freightos may make your Quotes available within third-party web sites or software that employs the Freightos API. In addition, Freightos may choose to provide specific Sellers with additional brand visibility by publicizing their names, logos, or reviews of their service. In some cases, Seller names, logos and company profile description may also be used on either Freightos or on industry freight publication for PR purposes.
5.4.1 Buyer Searches and Receives Quotes
When a Buyer searches for a Quote he will be entering basic parameters that will allow him to get relevant results. Freightos will return a list of Quotes from all Sellers matching these specifications, along with an estimated transit time window. Freightos’ algorithm may hide, prioritise and sort Quotes based on: competitiveness, services, Seller rating and performance, technical or other considerations. Buyers will instantly see Quotes covering different modes of transportation as well as the detailed price breakdown of each Quote and leg component.
5.4.2 Buyer Saves a Quote
The Buyer may save a Quote and book it at any time prior to the expiration of the validity of the Quote. The Seller may not withdraw a Quote within the validity period, other than in the case of Force Majeure or a technical error, and only after receiving Freightos prior written approval.
5.4.3 Buyer Requests an Offline Quote (also “Custom Quote”)
If a Buyer does not find a Quote that meets the search details he may request an Offline Quote request. This will be conveyed in writing, by Freightos, to relevant Sellers, who may choose to provide an Offline Quote in writing. If the Buyer accepts an Offline Quote provided by the Seller through Freightos, the Quote shall be binding on the Seller under the same terms and conditions as other Quotes covered in this SOP and the MSA.
Offline Quotes are covered under the same terms and conditions as other Quotes covered in this SOP and the MSA. Any deviation from this may result in immediate termination of Seller from Freightos. Should you have any questions please raise them immediately with firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.5 Buyer books a Shipment
Once a Buyer has selected and booked a Quote, this creates a Shipment. The booking creates a binding contract between the Buyer and Seller, whereby the Buyer agrees to provide payment to the Seller via Freightos in exchange for the Freight services that the Seller agrees to provide to the Buyer at the stated cost. Once a Quote is offered by the Seller and booked by the Buyer, the price in the Quote is absolutely binding and cannot be changed.
Freightos will notify you by email of the Booking at which time the Shipment will be visible to you. Freightos and Buyer shall not be responsible for any costs incurred prior to notification of the Booking by Freightos.
5.6 Shipment Execution
5.6.1 Initial review
For every new Booking, Freightos will perform a non-binding preliminary check that the basic details have been provided by the Buyer. However, Seller must check that all of the documentation necessary for execution of the Shipment is in place. Failure to do so will nullify the Freightos Payment Guarantee. This guarantee will also be nullified if the Seller is moving the cargo before the actual verification takes place.
Freightos is not party to any Booking or Shipment and is not responsible for performing know-your-customer (KYC) or due diligence on any Buyer on behalf of the Seller or for checking that the documentation is sufficient for completion of the Shipment. Seller remains responsible for its own KYC and documentation requirements.
After Freightos has done this preliminary review, Freightos shall update the shipment to “Booking sent to logistics provider” status in the Freightos system.
Upon being updated to “Booking sent to logistics provider” status, an email will be sent to the Seller informing them of the shipment details and asking them to contact the consignor to schedule pick up.
5.6.2 Pickup Coordination
The Seller, or their agent, will contact the Consignor to confirm the specific Pickup Date by the end of the Seller Business Day following the day of receiving the Booking email from Freightos.
Seller must employ best efforts to pick up the goods and ensure handover of the Shipment to the Carrier while rates are still valid. Unless excused by Force Majeure or unless caused by Consignor or Buyer if Seller picks up and hands over the Shipment after the Rates Validity Period, the initial Quote shall still apply to the Shipment. Exceptions should be backed up by written proof from Consignor or Buyer.
5.6.3 Carrier Booking
Once the pickup date is confirmed, the Seller shall make best efforts to book a carrier no later than the end of the next Seller’s Business Day. Seller should update the Freightos system or send data with carrier booking information including ETD (Estimated Time of Departure) and ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival), MBOL/HAWB number (House and Master) and, where relevant, container number and carrier name. For Express shipments a Tracking number should be provided as well. For LTL a HBOL document should be provided.
Once this information is provided (information needed is based on the mode as mentioned in the beginning of this paragraph) the shipment status will change automatically to “Transport Booked”.
5.6.4 Pickup Execution
Prior to actual pickup of the shipment, the Seller, or their agent, will contact the Consignor to arrange specific pickup details. Seller should ensure that all documentation is in order before picking up the shipment. Should Seller commence pickup prior to receiving all necessary documents from Buyer, the Freightos Payment Guarantee shall not be in effect for that Shipment. Once pickup is complete the Seller must update the Shipment Status to “Goods Received”.
If a Buyer has agreed to ship on an FOB basis from his supplier, then Buyer is responsible for ensuring that Buyer’s supplier executes his duties regarding the Shipment. Should you agree directly with Buyer and Buyer’s supplier to execute any FOB portion of a Shipment, the Freightos Payment Guarantee shall not cover this portion of the Shipment and you shall be responsible for all invoicing and collection between you and the Buyer’s supplier. You may not hold up the Shipment or delay execution due to any non-payment by Buyer’s supplier or otherwise and you will be responsible for completing delivery in accordance with this SOP. Note that the charges to the Buyer’s supplier should be commercially reasonable and in line with acceptable pricing in the local market.
For ocean and air shipments (not Express or LTL). The shipment status will be changed to “Departed from port” and “Arrived at port” once the actual date is filled in the transit information fields on the shipment console.
5.6.5 Final Dimensions, Weights and Pallet Counts
Once the goods are in possession of the Seller or their agent, Seller should verify verify the load details and communicate any updates to the Buyer and reflect any financial changes on Freightos accordingly. Please note it is the Seller’s obligation to communicate to the Buyer any price adjustments arising from the load changes and should the Buyer dispute any additional services this will be subject to the Freightos Shipment Adjustments Dispute Process. You are entitled to hold the continuation of the Shipment pending a reply from the Buyer. Seller must document and be able to provide proof of the adjustment in order to charge any additional costs.
Adjustments must be added to the system immediately as they are known and these will also be subject to Seller Fees (as detailed above in Section 4). Any adjustments made more than 15 calendar days after delivery of the shipment will not be charged or paid, as detailed in the “Finalizing all Shipment Adjustments” section below.
5.6.6 Hold on Shipment Delivery Due to Buyer Debt
Freightos has the right (which we use as rarely as possible) to instruct the Seller to hold delivery of a Shipment at any time prior to final dispatch to Consignee at destination, if Buyer has outstanding payment with respect to any transactions on Freightos (even to a different Seller). This will be communicated via email from an employee with an @freightos.com email address. The hold may be indefinite, so long as debt is outstanding. Seller shall ensure that the storage cost are kept at minimum level for such Shipment (for example shipment moved to an out of port location), and Freightos agrees to compensate the Seller for reasonable and documented storage costs incurred by the Seller due to Freightos’ decision to delay Shipment delivery, and Seller agrees to cooperate fully with Freightos in respect to holding the Shipment and with communications with the Consignee and Buyer.
Seller may not hold a shipment without Freightos prior written approval, which shall not be unreasonably withheld. Should Seller hold a shipment without receiving prior written approval from Freightos, Seller shall be solely liable for all costs incurred and the Freightos Payment Guarantee shall not be valid. Seller may also not hold up or refrain from releasing any documentation which may delay delivery of the shipment without the prior written approval of Freightos.
5.6.7 Delivery at Destination
Seller is fully liable for delivery of the Shipment, whole and undamaged, to the correct address and make best efforts to deliver in the time frame indicated during submission of the tariff. This liability continues until the Shipment is signed for at its destination, and, where relevant, including but not limited to collecting and paying customs duties and taxes. Seller is and remains responsible even if portions of the delivery of the Shipment are carried out by third-party subcontractors or agents appointed by Seller.
The Seller or their agent will contact the Consignee to arrange specific delivery details. Upon completion of delivery the Seller must update the Freightos system to Shipment Status to “Delivered” and specify the actual delivery date.
Seller must provide:
- Proof of delivery to Buyer and Freightos in accordance with best industry standards and including all relevant information. Freightos will withhold payment until receiving a copy of the proof of delivery.
- All necessary documents (Bill of Lading, Arrival Notice and any other) to Buyer’s designated Customs Broker to perform customs clearance. In the case the Seller is directly handling Customs Brokerage services he should provide these documents to his designated broker using best practices to ensure that the goods are cleared on time and meet all requirements.
5.7 Order Cancellation
5.7.1 Seller may cancel a Shipment
You may only cancel a Shipment under the following three circumstances:
- You cannot physically execute the Shipment because of Force Majeure. Please note that any change in market conditions or carrier availability is not a valid reason for Shipment cancellation.
- Should there be a material discrepancy between the details entered by Buyer and the actual description of the goods or pickup times or other substantial discrepancies, you shall be entitled to cancel the Shipment and may charge Buyer for any documented and commercially reasonable costs incurred.
- Buyer fails to meet Seller’s internal legal compliance requirements, as documented for their internal reference by Seller.
It is not acceptable to implement an automatic standard cancellation charge for Freightos shipments, but all cancellation costs must be in line with actual fees incurred by the Seller, and only following pickup. Proof of charges must be given.
Any cancellation by Seller or failure to execute the Shipment other than for these reasons shall be a breach of contract between Seller and Buyer. In such a case, the Seller may be liable to the Buyer for any losses incurred, such as alternate transportation costs, excluding consequential damages to any party. In such cases and in any case of lack of execution of a Shipment, Buyer shall be entitled to transfer the Shipment to a different Seller in addition to seeking remedies for the breach.
In order to maintain a fair and honest platform, Freightos retains the right to remove Sellers or take any other necessary measures against Sellers that, in Freightos sole discretion, abuse this Cancellation Policy.
To cancel a shipment please:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Include the shipment number and the word “Cancellation” in the subject line.
- Please specify which of the three acceptable reasons is the cause of cancellation and include a written explanation and details, including whether there are any charges that have to be paid and supporting documentation.
When a cancellation takes place in accordance with this SOP, Freightos will cancel the Shipment in all necessary systems and notify the Seller and Buyer of the cancellation.
5.7.2 Buyer may cancel a Shipment
Buyer’s cancellation may occur if Seller has not fulfilled all of Seller’s obligations under the SOP and MSA and other Freightos Policies. In this case, Buyer shall have the right to transfer the Shipment to another Seller and Seller shall have no claims arising from this cancelled Shipment.
Should the Buyer cancel a Shipment after the Seller has already incurred costs, the Seller shall be entitled to payment for commercially reasonable and documented costs. These costs shall be subject to Freightos Seller’s Fees (Section 4).
5.7.3 When Freightos may cancel an order
Freightos may cancel any Shipment following its initial review (section 5.5.1) if it believes it not to be viable.
Freightos may notify the parties that the Booking has been cancelled at any time due to non-compliance with the Marketplace rules.
On behalf of Seller:
- A breach of contract has occurred on the part of the Buyer, including but not limited to:
- If Freightos has reasonable cause to believe that Buyer will not perform their obligations per the contract.
- If Freightos believes that the Buyer may not be legally eligible to purchase the Freight Services.
5.8 Freightos Acts as a Collection Agent for Seller
5.8.1 Freightos Payment Guarantee for Sellers
Freightos Sellers should be able to confidently accept Bookings from Buyers on Freightos. Freightos acts as agent of the Seller and guarantees payment in full for the amount in Seller’s Quote and any additional services as detailed in Appendix E. These charges should be added to Freightos platform and it is Sellers’ responsibility to update the system with any Buyer’s charge.
The Payment Guarantee will not apply if there is a dispute about the delivery or services performed until such dispute is resolved, or if Seller has acted not in accordance with the MSA, this SOP or with any of Freightos policies.
Seller should not initiate collection directly from Buyer under any circumstances, with the exception of duties payments for customs. Any attempt to collect payment from Buyer shall void the Payment Guarantee.
5.8.2 Finalizing all Shipment Adjustments
Customers may be charged for any additional costs detailed in Appendix E. At the same time, they must be notified and reimbursed for any quote reductions. For example, you may reflect a financial adjustment produced by a discrepancy between the dimensions and weight reported by Buyer and the actual documented dimension/weight of the shipment.
The Seller commits to update Freightos with all additional services that were provided within 14 calendar days after delivery (with the exception of Express shipments for which additional services may be added for 20 calendar days after delivery). After 14/20 calendar days after delivery, the shipment will be considered ‘closed’ and the Buyer has 5 Business Days to submit any disputes. Should the buyer not dispute, he will be asked to pay any and all of the Additional Services added during the shipment. After a shipment is ‘closed’ no changes to the shipment can be made by the Seller. To guarantee a top class customer service, these charges must be ready as soon as possible.
5.8.3 Abandoned Cargo
Should the consignee not make the necessary arrangements to pick-up the goods from the CFS/Warehouse/CY, cooperate in customs clearance, or prevent delivery efforts within 10 calendar days (or extended free time if available) after release notice, and barring any dispute with Seller (all disputes will be covered as per Section 8 below), the shipment may be considered Abandoned Cargo.
You must make commercially reasonable attempts to mitigate any damages and reduce costs associated with the cargo. The Freightos Payment Guarantee shall remain in place subject to your acting in a commercially prudent manner on a case by case basis.
5.8.4 Freightos Purchase Order
Once a shipment is “In Transit”, Freightos will send the Seller a Purchase Order (PO) representing the total owed to the Seller as recorded on Freightos. A final PO reflecting any cost adjustments that occurred during the shipment execution will be sent to the Seller 14 calendar days after the shipment reaches “Delivered” status.
5.8.5 Invoice Required for Payment
Invoices should be sent to Freightos after a shipment has been delivered, and proof of delivery has been uploaded to the Freightos platform. One invoice must be issued per shipment, which includes all charge adjustments applied during the shipment.
Invoices must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the “invoice cut-off” date for each payment cycle as detailed below in Section 5.8.9. The “invoice cut off” date occurs a number of days prior to the payment and will be published together with a six (6) month payment schedule that is communicated by Freightos to Sellers.
The invoice must match the PO sent by Freightos, in terms of the description of each line item, the amounts per line item and the total amount. If there are discrepancies between the PO and the Invoice received, Freightos will not remit payment to the Seller.
Freightos will make payment for invoiced shipments that are delivered, have been marked with the status “Delivered” on the Freightos shipment page. Unless, the shipment is still in dispute with the Buyer and/or 7 calendar days have not passed since the last charge that was added.
Seller is responsible for ensuring that Freightos is informed of the delivery, for providing proof of delivery and that the Shipment page status is marked as “Delivered”. Failure to provide valid proof of delivery may delay payment and may void the Payment Guarantee.
5.8.6 Identifiers on Every Seller Invoice
Invoices submitted to Freightos must include the Freightos Shipment # and one of any of the following identifiers: for ocean shipments the House/Master Bill of Lading, for air shipments the House/Master AirWay Bill, and for Express the Tracking number.
5.8.7 Payment Currency
Rates may be submitted to Freightos in any currency, and will be converted to USD at the time of quoting. The conversion rate will be the middle rate known at the time of the generation of the Quote. The USD Quote will be the ultimate amount paid by Freightos to the Seller, irrespective of currency fluctuations between Quote and payment. Currently, Invoices from Seller must be denominated in USD as will purchase orders and payments from Freightos. Other currencies may be offered in the future.
5.8.8 Net Payment to Sellers
Freightos Seller’s Fees are set above in Section 4.
Payment will be made to the Seller by Freightos, net of the Seller’s Fee and any applicable withholding tax. Invoices to Freightos must not have the Seller’s Fee deducted from them. Freightos will issue an invoice to the Seller for the Seller’s fee.
5.8.9 Payment Schedule
A detailed payment schedule can be found here. Payment will be issued to the bank account specified by the Seller.
5.8.10 Payment Report
Seller will receive a payment report for each shipment on that payment cycle. This report records the total amount of the Seller Invoice, the total amount of the Freightos Invoice for the Seller’s Fee, and the net payment received for this shipment(s).
6. Seller’s Freightos Presence
6.1 Show Seller logo on Quotes
Freightos will use your logo when showing your Quote, on your Seller Profile Page, and in other places for marketing purposes to attract Buyers in order to generate business for Sellers. You agree to such use of your logo and agree that your company name, logo(s) and rates shared on Freightos can be used by Freightos. Marketing efforts may include email marketing, digital advertising, press mentions and more.
6.2 Seller Profile Page
Freightos creates a page for Sellers to share basic information with Buyers about their organization, services offered and reviews. Freightos is not obligated to publish all of the provided information nor is Freightos responsible for validating the content of the Seller profile page. Sellers assume all responsibility for the content published.
6.3 Customer Reviews
Freightos will publish Buyers’ reviews of your services. This gives Buyers additional information when choosing a Quote in order to help select a Seller that provides good service. All reviews are solely the opinion and responsibility of the person posting the content and Freightos takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for reviews posted by Buyers.
Should the Seller wish to contest a review, the Seller should email email@example.com. These requests will be reviewed on an individual basis however Freightos will only remove reviews if they are deemed malicious, obscene or libelous.
Freightos also reserves the right to publish and share metrics about Seller’s performance collected through the use of Freightos, such as response times or on-time deliveries. These may be published in the Reviews sections and/on Seller’s profile page or elsewhere.
Freightos invests significant efforts and resources into finding Buyers and Sellers. When Freightos introduces a Buyer and a Seller, they must transact exclusively through Freightos for 24 months following the first transaction (with an exemption if the Seller had sold directly to the Buyer in the previous 6 months prior to their first transaction on Freightos, as evidenced by an actual invoice, or with respect to other services, e.g. warehousing, while those services are not offered on Freightos).
Any transactions done between a Buyer and Seller directly during this non-circumvention period shall be deemed to have taken place through Freightos with respect to Seller Fees. Any Buyer that approaches a Seller during the non-circumvention period should be redirected back to Freightos to place the booking.
While the Booking is an agreement directly between the Buyer and the Seller, Freightos would like to help both sides have a mutually beneficial experience on Freightos, providing a framework for Sellers and Buyers to resolve disputes directly.
A Buyer may initiate a dispute by submitting a dispute form within five Business days of any charge being added. The Seller will then have five business days to reach out to Buyer to attempt to reach a settlement. firstname.lastname@example.org must be copied on all correspondence. If a settlement is not reached within that timeframe, Freightos will adjudicate. Any charge exceeding 10,000 USD will need to be settled directly between you and the Buyer.
By agreeing to this SOP you agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen, or may arise, between you and Buyer that relate in any way to or arise out of services booked and provided through Freightos up to a sum of 10,000 USD shall be resolved exclusively through this clause, rather than in court or arbitration or directly between the Seller and Buyer, and Freightos shall be the final arbiter of such disputes.
Should any legal actions be taken by you outside of this clause in respect of any shipment, whether through arbitration or court or directly between the Seller and Buyer, the Freightos Payment Guarantee shall not cover such shipment.
These rules are important to all Sellers and Buyers in order to provide an optimal international freight experience on Freightos. To ensure this, Freightos reserves the right, at its discretion which may differ from case to case depending on the circumstances, to enforce these rules. Users who do not adhere to these rules may be subject to a range of actions, including limiting their use of Freightos, suspension of their account, application of fees, and recovery of any expenses incurred in policy monitoring and enforcement.
If a Seller fails to comply with the Freightos terms as detailed in the Freightos Master Services Agreement, this SOP, or any of the policies mentioned here, or if Freightos has received legitimate complaints about the Seller’s services from Buyers, Freightos reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend the Sellers account or their participation on Freightos. Sellers may choose to leave Freightos at any time by deactivating their Tariffs and contacting email@example.com. It may take up to 5 business days to perform a complete deactivation. In the event of removal by Freightos or by the Seller’s choice, they will remain bound to provide any services for any Quotes saved or booked prior to their tariff’s removal and service any outstanding Shipments in accordance with this SOP.
Freightos values the privacy of all Buyers and Sellers, as well as the confidentiality of their data. Should any Seller share any of a Buyer’s data or any unauthorized information, this is cause for immediate termination of the Seller’s account.
Milestones and SLA
|Planned pickup Date||1 Business Day After Order verified||1 Business Day After Order verified||1 Business Day After Order verified||1 Business Day After Order verified||1 Business Day After Order verified|
|Port ETD||2 Business Days After Order verified Day but not more than 4 days before planned pickup||2 Business Days After Order verified Day but not more than 7 days before planned pickup||2 Business Days After Order verified|
but not more than 3 days before planned pickup
|Port ETA||2 Business Days After Order verified Day but not more than 4 days before planned pickup||2 Business Days After Order verified Day but not more than 7 days before planned pickup||2 Business Days After Order verified|
but not more than 3 days before planned pickup
|Estimated Date Delivery||2 Business Days After Order verified Day but not more than 4 days before planned pickup||2 Business Days After Order verified Day but not more than 7 days before planned pickup||2 Business Days After Order verified|
but not more than 3 days before planned pickup
|1 Business Day After Pickup||1 Business Day After Pickup|
|Actual Delivery Date||1 Business Day After Delivery||1 Business Day After Delivery||1 Business Day After Delivery||1 Business Day After Delivery||1 Business Day After Delivery|
|MBOL/MAWB/ Container numbers||1 Business day before ETD||1 Business day before ETD||2 Business Days After Order verified|
but not more than 3 days before planned pickup
|Tracking Number||N/A||N/A||N/A||1 Business Day After Order verified||1 Business Day After Order verified|
Third Party Services – Customs Brokerage
For international shipments, Sellers which offer customs brokerage for import and export activities must also include all fees related to Advanced Cargo Reporting requirements in the respective origin or destination country of the specific shipment.
All customs brokerage may only be performed by a licensed agent and the Seller should provide the Rates of such handling reflecting standard brokerage of up to 5 individual commodity classifications, with clear charge description for any additional HS/HTS code. Seller shall be responsible to ensure and monitor performance by Seller’s customs brokerage agent.
Seller must provide its Power of Attorney (POA) form to the Buyer and is solely responsible for checking that it is holding the POA at the time of performing customs brokerage and that the POA is filled in correctly. Seller shall be responsible for the accuracy and legal status of the POA and shall notify Freightos in a timely manner if it needs assistance in having any POA updated or amended.
Seller is responsible for collection of duties from the Buyer, including notifying the relevant parties. The Freightos Payment Guarantee does not cover payment of duties.
Seller must provide a copy of the customs bond purchased as part of the shipment to the Buyer.
If a Buyer selects the U.S Customs Brokerage additional service, in order that the Shipment not be held up or fines incurred, the Importer Security Filing (“10+2” service) must be filed by Freightos’ Sellers or by Freightos Sellers’ Customs Broker on behalf of the Buyer, unless the Buyer specifically requests not to have the Seller handle ISF filing on their behalf. If not filed in a timely manner, Seller shall be liable for extra costs incurred and the Freightos Payment Guarantee will not apply.
For Foreign Importers into the U.S., Seller may provide a service for obtaining an U.S. EIN (employer identification number) for Buyers who do not have a U.S. registered business. Sellers may choose to charge or not charge for this service.
For shipments into the U.S., if a Buyer selects the Customs Brokerage additional service, Buyer may also request to purchase a U.S. Customs Bond. In the case you are providing customs, the following standardized services must be provided as well:
|Optional service for U.S. importing||Current Price|
|Single Entry Bond (U.S. Customs & Border Protection)||The greater of 50 USD or 0.5% of the total entered value of the goods*|
|Continuous Bond (annual, U.S. CBP)||500 USD|
|Importer Security Filing Bond (= ISF Bond, U.S. CBP)||75 USD|
|Importer Security Filing (“10+2” service)||50 USD|
* Note: If any of the goods are hazardous, or are subject to a Partner Government Agency approval (FDA, EPA, FCC, USDA, TBB…), or fall into other specific subcategories, these charges may change.
Third Party Services – Cargo Protection and Insurance
Sellers can provide general cargo insurance services (sometimes known as marine insurance) or to be included at Buyer’s request. Pricing tariffs and minimums must be provided as part of the onboarding process and will then be added automatically as part of your freight quotes.
A Seller-provided Insurance or cargo protection tariff includes:
- Premium calculation, e.g., Insurance premium (price) as % of value of goods + cost of freight + cost of insurance.
- Minimum insurance premium (price).
- Maximum deductible of USD 500.
Should Buyer choose to purchase insurance or a cargo protection alternative from Seller, Seller shall be fully responsible in helping Buyer settle all insurance claims. Seller is required to upload individual insurance documents to Freightos and make them available to Buyer and to fulfill all of the insurers’ or protection program requirements including but not limited to provision of documents within the time periods specified in the policy. In the case of a claim Freightos is not involved and Seller shall make all reasonable endeavors to ensure that Buyer’s claim is handled in the best professional manner.
Freightos is not involved in settling claims and all claims must be settled directly between Seller and Buyer.
Quote Terms and Conditions
- Terms of carriage as stated on the air waybill or bill of lading regulating transport, or stated on an accompanying document, will apply in all cases.
- Unless stated otherwise in writing shall be regulated by the applicable national jurisdiction.
- All transit times are estimates only. The Seller will not be held accountable for the early or late arrival of any shipment unless caused by Seller’s failure to execute as per quotation.
- It is the client’s duty to declare to the Seller any device or material that may be considered dangerous goods on the relevant mode of carriage. The Seller will not be held accountable for any costs, delays, or legal proceedings, that may result from nondisclosure of possible dangerous goods and client will hold the Seller harmless for any costs or expenses arising from the failure to declare.
- The Seller is not accountable for any unforeseen delay or expenses not included in the quote, due to any customs or governmental processes. Such processes include, but are not limited to customs inspections, various authority exams, customs hold, confiscation, HS code rejection, duty modifications, post-entry adjustments, etc.
- Shipments will be covered by the Seller’s freight insurance, only when purchased by the Buyer as part of the freight order, and confirmed by the Seller in his verification of the shipment, before the cargo is accepted.
- If the client has not explicitly requested customs clearance from the Seller, it is presumed that the shipper/consignee has a custom broker and all required commercial documents, import licenses, export licenses, etc., are ready before the cargo is accepted, and the Seller has no responsibility for any delays or other costs or damages arising from lack of documentation.
Pricing Requirements for Freightos Marketplace Sellers
As a Seller in the Freightos Marketplace you must provide prices for the following charges that will be included in the Quote (the below list is meant as a guide, and is not exhaustive). All of the below is related as well to the agents and subcontractors, not just the services that are being provided directly.
- Main freight charges (air, ocean, courier, zip code to zip code trucking).
- All associated documentation and filing charges (i.e. export clearance, AMS, AES, Telex, Delivery Order).
- All required fuel and security surcharges (i.e. fuel surcharge, BAF, X-Ray / Screening).
- All loading, handling and facility moving charges required to transport the freight per quoted Incoterm (i.e.Handling, CFS, airport transfer).
- Pick up, delivery and associated charges incurred as part of that transport (i.e. fuel, chassis, Pier Pass, remote area surcharges).
- Accessorials associated with pickup and delivery (i.e. lift gate, residential).
- Customs brokerage and associated services (i.e. import clearance, ISF, Customs bond).
For Amazon FBA Sellers the following charges will be included in the Quote (in addition to the above). The below list is meant as a guide, and is not exhaustive:
- Palletization / Shrink Wrap
- UPS / Fedex Labelling
- Fulfillment Center Appointment Charges
- Full Container Load Rework
- Importer of Record / EORI service fee
Whenever possible you will need to send us a detail of the below charges:
- Special places of delivery (convention center, hotel, mall, military base, Pier, School, Industrial location, office, retail location).
- Scheduling (after hours pickup and delivery, special pickup and delivery, Saturday service, Sunday / Holiday service).
- Handling additional services (Inside pickup and delivery, Two person pickup and delivery, residential room of choice, White Glove services, Crate / Uncrate / Trash, pack / unpack, palletization).
- Special Location Recovery (airport transfer service).
The following circumstances may arise during the shipment lifecycle and the Buyer shall be responsible for applicable additional payments:
- Weight, quantity and/or dimension adjustments.
- Change in the pallet count.
- Overweight, overlength and/or oversized cargo.
- Container size adjustments (i.e. 20’ to 40’).
- Unsuccessful pickup / delivery attempts.
- Time taken to load / unload a shipment beyond the logistics providers’ allotted time.
- Rate changes if shipment is after validity date.
- Additional services resulting from change in shipment Incoterm.
- Market-going repacking rates if shipment is poorly packed.
- Late, incorrect or deficient submission of documents (including but not exhaustive):
- Changes to commercial documents.
- Missing Export License.
- Fines for rebooking on another carrier because of incorrect information or missing documentation.
Any charges related to Customs, Other Government Agency (OGA) and/or security inspections, including:
- Additional lines for Customs declaration.
- Penalties for shipment holds.
- Tariff reclassification or other Government investigation costs.
- Additional trucking, warehousing and handling charges arising from the holding of a shipment.
- Buyer fines, container demurrage and detention due to missed pickup or delivery.
- Type of goods being shipped (i.e. hazardous materials, temperature control needed, special handling required like fragile goods).
- If a buyer books with lift gate, then backtracks and the service was already dispatched, they will not get a refund.
- Events of Force Majeure beyond the control of Seller.
A seller may not surcharge for anything else including:
- Currency fluctuation.
- Changes in carrier rates or carrier surcharges (except as above).
- Chassis for FCL pickup/deliveries.
- Waiting times of less than 2 (two) hours at pickup or delivery.
- Waiting fees due to delays caused by the freight forwarder.
- Charges which the seller forgot to include in their rates, operational deficiencies, including missing rate filing, missing documents after departure (origin agent must ensure that all export customs clearance procedures are completed and in compliance with local regulations according to their country specific requirements).
- Additional fees relating to delivery that were not communicated to the Buyer.
This policy is important to maintain a fair and honest marketplace. Freightos reserves the right, at its discretion which may differ from case to case depending on the circumstances, to enforce this policy. Any user who doesn’t follow this policy may be subject to a range of actions, including limiting their use of the platform, suspension of their account, application of fees, and recovery of our expenses in policy monitoring and enforcement.