Freightos.com Terms of Service for Sellers
Last updated: January 4, 2023
This policy details how logistics service providers (“Sellers”) display, sell and provide services through Freightos.com. These rules may change from time to time to reflect best business practices. Since all changes are binding and will govern a Seller’s presence on Freightos.com, we recommend that Sellers review this policy every three months to stay up to date. Active Freightos.com Sellers may be notified in writing regarding substantial changes. Sellers can contact us with any questions and feedback is welcome. The use of Freightos.com is also subject to the Freightos Master Services Agreement (“MSA”). All capitalized words in this document have the meaning found in the Freightos.com Standard Operating Procedure (“SOP”)
All Sellers are expected to provide charges, interact with Shippers, and execute Shipments as detailed in the Freightos.com Standard Operating Procedure.
2. Welcome to Freightos.com
Freightos.com provides an innovative online Platform that makes global trade frictionless by matching businesses looking for a better freight experience with a global network of first-rate logistics service providers.
Freightos.com enables freight forwarders, brokers, carriers, insurers, and other professional vendors of freight services (“Sellers”) to easily and instantly sell freight services or ancillary services to Shippers. Freightos.com regularly onboards new Shippers for Sellers to offer an excellent freight experience.
3. What Freightos.com Provides Sellers
Freightos.com is a Platform that allows Shippers and Sellers to find each other and generate instant quotes that facilitate entering into freight service contracts. The contract is always directly between the Seller and the Shipper. Freightos.com is not a party to that agreement in any capacity. Rather, Freightos.com is a facilitator of the exchange of freight services between Shippers and Sellers. Freightos.com provides the Seller, with the following services:
- Automation to generate price Quotes based on the rates provided by a Seller.
- Advertising and promotion of a Seller’s freight services across the Freightos.com Platform and websites.
- Supporting the establishment of a commercial contract between a Seller and a Shipper.
- Providing a Platform for communication and document exchanges between a Seller and Shipper to facilitate the smooth operation of the transaction and allow auditing, tracking, dispute resolution, and rating of the transaction.
- Acting as the Seller’s collection agent to collect payment from Shippers on their behalf for the services provided.
- Freightos.com Payment Guarantee – Freightos.com acts as agent of the Seller (payee) and guarantees payment in full for the amount stated in the Seller’s Quote and for a limited list of additional services. See the Section below for more details.
Unless explicitly agreed to otherwise, Freightos.com does not act as a freight vendor, forwarder, insurer, broker, contracting agent, customs broker, or other representative, nor does Freightos.com act as a Shipper, consignee, Importer of Record or principal party of interest. Sellers are responsible for performing all obligations in providing freight services under any agreements with the Shipper.
Freightos.com’s team is here to help things go smoothly.
4. How Freightos.com Works
Freightos.com brings Shippers and Sellers of freight services together, facilitating their entering into freight service agreements. A Shipper looking to ship goods will enter his or her specifications into the designated fields, click ‘Search’ and will instantly see automatically generated price Quotes provided by Freightos.com Sellers. When a Shipper purchases a Seller’s service by Booking a Quote, this becomes a legal and binding agreement between the Shipper and the Seller.
5. Freightos.com Seller Fees
Freightos.com charges Sellers the following fees for every Shipment booked through Freightos:
|Main Mode||Seller Fee|
All transactions are subject to a minimum charge of 5 USD and all fee calculations are based on the total amounts invoiced by the Seller.
For a multi-leg Shipment, the fee percentage will be assessed based only on the main mode of Shipment. For example: if a Shipment is picked up by a truck at a factory and is transferred by air freight overseas, the primary mode for the Seller’s Fee calculation will be AIR (4%) and not LTL (10%) (truck). For such a Shipment, the Seller’s Fee is 4% of the total amount invoiced by Sellers.
The Seller Fee will be calculated based on the entire Shipment Purchase Order amount. The Seller must consider this when adding additional charges. If the Seller changes a Shipment mode to a different mode than the one booked, the main mode will dictate the Seller Fee charged. Sellers must advise Freightos if there is a change in mode.
If a Seller wants to offer Quotes on partner sites, they may have to pay partner-specific additional Sellers’ Fee. Sellers will be sent a notification to opt-in or opt-out from services being offered on partner sites.
6. Seller Onboarding
Once a Seller completes and signs the Freightos Sellers Registration Agreement and is accepted into the Freightos.com Platform, the Seller will undergo an onboarding process.
6.1. Note for online Seller registration agreement
Sellers must have and maintain all necessary licenses in all applicable jurisdictions. Sellers must be in good financial standing and abide by all applicable laws and regulations. Sellers must also ensure that all subcontractors retained to provide services have and maintain all necessary licenses and abide by applicable laws. Sellers are fully responsible for all actions taken by themselves and by agents and/or subcontractors on their behalf in fulfillment of services through Freightos.com. Sellers are required to purchase and maintain all insurance policies relevant to providing freight services. Upon onboarding or at any time at Freightos.com’s request, the Seller shall provide copies of any applicable license and insurance policy.
6.2. Seller verification
6.2.1. Introduction to the Freightos.com Seller team and contact for Operations and Support.
6.2.2. Financial review and verification requirements. Sellers must provide:
- Certificate of Incorporation / Full Legal Name and Address.
- The main point of contact in the Seller’s Finance Department.
- Bank confirmation of the bank account to which Freightos.com initiates payments to.
- NVOCC licenses (whenever applicable).
- Insurance policies.
- Note: New documentation will be required if a Seller wishes to change their bank details.
6.2.3. Agreement on the scope of products and services that will be sold.
6.2.4. Payment process review.
6.3. Training and onboarding
- Freightos.com Policy review.
- Review of how to offer Quotes through the Platform. When first publishing Quotes, Freightos.com will instruct Sellers on how to review the Quotes before they are made available to Shippers.
- Seller Dashboard training and overview.
- Guiding the Seller on the execution of their first Shipment according to the Freightos.com Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
7. Seller Supplies Data to Freightos.com and Shippers
7.1. Provide Freightos.com with pricing
Sellers will provide Freightos.com with the rates that are made available to Shippers.
The rates that Sellers provide will be used by Freightos.com’s’ unique routing and pricing engine to generate a Quote based on the criteria entered by the Shipper. If a Shipper books a Quote, it is a binding contract between the Shipper and the Seller, and becomes a Shipment.
The Quote currency will determine the final amount paid by Freightos.com to the Seller, irrespective of currency fluctuations between the time of the Quote and of the payment. If the Quote is given to a Shipper in a currency other than US Dollars, then Freightos.com will include an FX conversion markup on the Quote which will not be paid to the Seller.
Sellers shall provide Freightos.com with rates that serve as the basis for generating a Quote. The Quote will include charges as set out in the Freightos.com Standard Operating Procedure. If a Shipper books a Shipment from a Seller’s published rates and one of the required charges has not been included, the Seller will not be entitled to receive payment for the omitted charge. For example, if the Seller provides a delivery rate and does not advise that a liftgate fee will apply, the Seller may not add the charge afterward.
7.1.1. Alternative option for pickup and delivery rates
On Freightos.com, Shippers have the option to receive fully automated door-to-door Quotes. This uses Freightos.com’s routing engine to combine multiple legs of the Shipment to offer a full, door-to-door route. For example, if a Seller provides rates for pickup, origin charges, port-to-port air or ocean, destination charges, and delivery, Freightos.com can combine these into a single door-to-door Quote on the Seller’s behalf.
In case a Seller does not have pickup/delivery rates, a Seller may authorize Freightos.com to publish a benchmark tariff created by Freightos.com to enable the Seller to offer door-to-door service In cases where Freightos.com provides the Seller with the tariff to use, the Seller remains responsible for honoring the price and performing the service.
7.1.2. Mechanisms for providing and updating rates on Freightos.com
Rates can be provided in one of several ways:
- Manual Templates: Sellers send rates as Excel files in the template provided by our Data team. Freightos.com uploads the rates on the Seller’s behalf. This service is currently offered at no charge for the first six months of selling on Freightos.com. After this period, Freightos.com may decide to charge for this service and will provide at least one month’s prior notice. This is currently an option for LTL and FTL rates, as well as for surcharges on all modes. An online template will be provided for FCL, LCL, Air, and Express via Airtable. Sellers will be responsible to update their rates directly on Airtable once the setup is complete.
- Electronic: Rates are shared with Freightos.com via electronic integration (i.e. API). This requires a fully documented, stable API.
- SaaS Enabled: If a Seller is a Freightos AcceleRate and/or Freightos WebCargo Subscriber it is possible to automate sharing rates on Freightos.com.
- Self Serve: Freightos.com provides online rate management tools and templates for Sellers to manage pricing directly.
- Index-Based FCL Rates: Sellers may choose to quote FCL based on the data that drives the Freightos Baltic Index (FBX) rather than providing their own rates. The data consists of FCL port-to-port ocean pricing aggregated anonymously from dozens of freight forwarding companies and logistics providers representing all major carriers on a host of international trade lanes and port pairings. The data used is available only from the day before. Sellers will be given the opportunity to select their pricing profile ranging from competitive to conservative and will also be able to mark the rates up or down.
All rates published are the sole responsibility of the Seller. Once a rate has been provided and published, Sellers must abide by them and perform the Shipment in accordance with the Quote.
7.1.3. Publishing new services
Sellers will be able to publish additional rates and services in alignment with Freightos.com.
Once a Seller confirms that a new set of rates may be published, Sellers are solely responsible for their pricing.
Sellers are able to offer promotions to Shippers on Freightos.com. These promotions, their financial consequences, and their legality vis-a-vis the regulator will be the responsibility of the Seller.
When Sellers perform searches, they will see only their own promotions. The “Cheapest” and “Best Value” sorting of the tiles is based on the updated value of the Quote, with the promotion value included. The promotion amount will also appear in the Shipment console, under the Shipment Charges tab. The Promotion ID (unique to each promotion set up by the Seller) will be displayed under the subtotal.
7.2. Seller provides Track & Trace information
A central pillar of Freightos.com’s business ethic is transparency and delivering a high level of customer service throughout the Shipment lifecycle. To that end, Freightos.com provides Sellers with a Platform to update Shippers regarding critical Shipment milestone data both through direct communication and via an online Shipment portal.
To ensure Shipper satisfaction, Sellers will promptly communicate Shipment milestones via API integration or manual updates on our Platform. The required milestones and SLAs for timely lifecycle communication can be found in Appendix A of this document.
If a Seller would like to do a full API integration with Booking Notification, Tracking, and Incoming Alerts from Sellers using our OpenFreight standard, they can contact Freightos.com to begin integration.
7.3. Seller-Shipper direct communication
Sellers are responsible for providing Shipment updates and communications to Shippers on a regular basis to ensure a high standard of customer service. All Seller-Shipper communications must be recorded on Freightos messenger either through the Platform application or using the linked email functionality. This allows Freightos.com to keep track of every exchange between Shipper and Seller. All interactions must be properly documented for review by Freightos.com. Proper use of Freightos messenger is included as part of the Seller Score as detailed below, which measures the Seller’s success and standing on Freightos.com.
8. Freightos.com Attracts Shippers
In order to facilitate increased exposure to potential Shippers, Freightos.com may make the Sellers’ Quotes available on third-party websites or software that employs the Freightos.com API. Freightos.com may also choose to provide specific Sellers with additional brand visibility by publicizing their names, logos, or reviews of their service. In some cases, Seller names, logos, and company profile descriptions may also be used on either Freightos.com or on industry freight publication for PR purposes.
8.1. Shipper request for an offline bid (also “Custom Quote”)
If a Shipper does not find a Quote that meets their search details, they may request an offline Quote. Freightos.com will assign that request to relevant Sellers based on the requested scope. If Freightos.com determines that a Seller provides services meeting the search details, the Seller will be notified by Freightos.com of a new bid request. The system also allows Sellers to sign up for specific lanes and products in order to receive all bid requests automatically.
Once Sellers receive a notification of a new bid request, they may choose to either accept or reject the bid request. In case Sellers choose to reject, they will be asked to provide the reason for rejection. The bid request should be rejected or a Quote should be submitted within 2 Business Days from the time of notification of the bid request. A longer time period might result in loss of business or suspension of offline quotes. Freightos.com cannot guarantee that any Quote submitted will be accepted by the Shipper.
The submitted Quote must be comprehensive and include all costs. Sellers will only be paid for the exact rates in the Quote. Submitted Quotes are binding and Freightos.com is entitled to publish and share Quotes with Shippers. Once shared, the Quote becomes public information.
Bid requests may be submitted by multiple forwarders and there is no guarantee that any Quote will be booked. If a Shipper accepts and books the Quote, Freightos.com will notify the Seller by email of the Booking at which time the Shipment will be visible to them. If 2 weeks elapse with no Booking placed, the Seller will be notified by Freightos.com that the bid is closed.
Offline Quotes are covered by the same policies as on-Platform Quotes. Should a Seller have any questions they should raise them immediately with [email protected]
9. Freightos.com Acts as a Collection Agent for Seller
9.1. Freightos.com Payment Guarantee for Sellers
Freightos.com Sellers can confidently accept Bookings from Shippers on Freightos.com. Freightos.com guarantees payment in full for the amount in the Seller’s Quote plus/minus any additional services as detailed in the Freightos.com Standard Operating Procedure to the extent permitted by law. These charges should be added on the Freightos.com Platform and it is the Sellers’ responsibility to update the system with any charges.
For countries in the European Union, where providing a guarantee is regulated, due to applicable law Freightos.com is unable to provide payment guarantees. The same processes will still be made to collect and ensure payment.
Should Freightos.com’s efforts detailed above not be successful in collecting payment, Seller is entitled to sue the Shipper directly.
The Payment Guarantee will not apply in the following cases:
- After Freightos.com has performed the preliminary review and confirmed payment for the Shipment, the system will update the Shipment to ‘Booking sent to logistics provider’. This will trigger an API and email alert to the Seller informing them of the Shipment details and asking them to contact the consignor to schedule pickup. If the Seller executes a Shipment that has not been approved by Freightos.com or executes services before verification was complete, the Payment Guarantee may not applyֵ
- If there is any dispute submitted by the Shipper against the Seller regarding the Shipment, the Payment Guarantee will be suspended until the dispute is resolved. A chargeback automatically qualifies as a dispute and in these cases, Freightos.com will review the charges the Seller has charged.
- The Payment Guarantee will not cover additional Warehousing costs or Storage and Demurrage additional charges where more than 5 paid days have been incurred on the charge. See the SOP sections on Storage and Delay Related Charges and Charges between Shipper and Seller for details. Should the collection efforts not be successful, Freightos.com and the Seller will work together to find a solution.
- Sellers may only initiate collection directly from the Shipper for costs set out in the Freightos.com Standard Operating Procedure. Any attempt to initiate collection directly from a Shipper in bad faith will void the Payment Guarantee. The Seller must also ensure that their agents are not unfairly billing Shippers for any service.
- If the Seller releases the Shipment when Freightos.com has requested that the Seller holds it, the Payment Guarantee will be void for that Shipment.
- If the Seller does not fulfill their obligations for a Shipment as outlined in this document and related policies, the Payment Guarantee will be void.
9.1.1 Seller must provide proof of delivery (POD)
Sellers must upload proof of delivery to the Shipment page on the Platform. In the event of a client chargeback where the Shipper cancels the payment with their credit card vendor, Freightos will be unable to collect payment without valid proof of delivery. Therefore in the event of a chargeback, the Payment Guarantee will not apply in cases where the Seller has not uploaded POD as described below and is unable to provide the document within 5 Business Days of Freightos advising of a Shipper chargeback on the Shipment.
Sellers must upload the POD according to the requirements listed in the table below. If a Shipper explicitly confirms full delivery of the Shipment with no quantity missing on the Platform messenger, this may also serve as POD.
9.2. Freightos.com Purchase Order
Once a Shipment is booked, Freightos.com will issue the Seller a Purchase Order (PO) representing the total amount owed to the Seller as recorded on Freightos.com. The PO is issued by Freightos.com as an accounting transaction insofar as Freightos.com is the collection agent for the Seller. The actual contract for services is between the Seller and Shipper. The PO is the binding document and the PO amount is the amount related to Payment Guarantee. It is the Sellers responsibility to review the Statement of Account (SOA) and alert Freightos.com of any discrepancies in the amounts.
The Shipment will be closed and the PO will be finalized 14 days after the Delivery Date (20 calendar days for Express Shipments), or once the Seller closes it on Freightos.com. The Shipment should be marked as “Delivered” as soon after the actual delivery date as possible.
The Seller will be able to view the SOA of all Upcoming Payments for delivered Shipments on the Freightos.com Platform.
The Seller can also mark Shipments as “Closed” earlier than the timeframes mentioned above. This means that no further additional charges can be added to the Shipment and the Shipment will be paid on the closest upcoming payment date, as per the payment schedule.
9.3. Payment currency
Payouts will be in local currency (where the Seller’s bank is located). Hong Kong based bank accounts can receive payouts in HKD or USD. Depending on your payment currency and where the Seller’s bank account is located, a conversion fee may be applied to the final payment by Freightos.com’s payment agent. Conversion rates will be based on the market rate at the time of payment to the Seller.
9.4. Net payment to Sellers
Freightos.com Seller Fees are set above in Section 5.
Payment will be made to the Seller by Freightos.com, net of the Seller’s Fee and Partnership Fees.
If a Seller wishes to change their payment details, bank confirmation evidencing ownership of the new bank account will be required.
9.5. Payment Schedule
A detailed payment schedule can be found here. Payment will be issued to the bank account specified by the Seller.
9.6. Self-billed invoices for all Shipments sold through the Platform by Freight Sellers during the Term of this Agreement.
Freightos.com will issue complete self-billed invoices showing the Seller’s name, address, and VAT registration number (if applicable), together with all the other details constituting a full self-billing invoice per Shipment.
Freightos.com Seller fees appear as line items on the invoices issued, making the grand total equal the net payment to the Seller.
Self-billed invoices will not be issued for Third-Party Sellers selling insurance and customs brokerage services. These invoices will be issued by the vendor and reviewed and paid by Freightos.com
9.7. Seller Obligations associated with using Freightos.com as a Collection Agent
By acting as a Seller on the Freightos.com Platform, the Seller agrees to the following:
- To accept self-billed invoices raised by Freightos.com on their behalf in accordance with these Terms of Services for Sellers.
- To update the Shipment delivery status as soon as possible in accordance with the requirements set forth in this document.
- Not to submit sales invoices for the transactions covered by these Terms of Service for Sellers to Freightos.com. Sellers can issue a tax invoice for internal accounting purposes but should not send it to Freightos.com.
- To complete all updates, including Shipment status and all additional charges for all Shipments, within 14 calendar days from delivery date (20 days for Express Shipments) in alignment with these Terms of Service for Sellers
- 14 calendar days after actual delivery (20 days for Express Shipments), the Shipment will be considered “Closed” and no additional adjustments will be accepted.
- To notify Freightos.com immediately if the Seller changes their VAT registration number and/or ceases to be VAT registered, and/or sells their business or part of their business.
- To accept that a change in the VAT number will result in a new KYC check of the Seller that will have to be completed before the Seller can resume operations on Freightos.com.
- To give Freightos.com Net 30 payment terms from the date of Shipment closure. Actual payment will follow the payment schedule as detailed above.
- To accept that all taxes and VAT will be handled by the Seller. Freightos.com will not add or withhold any taxes, whether VAT or other unless instructed to do so as per specific country laws applicable.
- To confirm the Seller has no legal restriction to accepting these Terms of Service for Sellers and can receive self-billing documents from Freightos.com.
10. Seller’s Freightos.com Presence
10.1. Display of Seller logo
Freightos.com will use the Seller’s logo when showing its Quotes, on the Seller Profile Page, and in other places for marketing, and customer support, and other services related to attracting Shippers to Freightos.com and in order to generate business for Sellers. Sellers agree to such use of their logo and agree that the company name, logo(s), and rates shared on Freightos.com can be used by Freightos.com. Marketing efforts may include email marketing, digital advertising, press mentions, and more.
10.2. Freightos.com will monitor Sellers’ score
Freightos.com will calculate and share performance metrics with Sellers. These scores help Sellers understand where they stand and identify areas for improvement. The scores include data from customer feedback and operational performance.
Failure in the metrics used to calculate the Seller’s score may result in suspension from Freightos.com. Details of the metric, how the score is calculated and penalties for service failure can be found here.
The regulations outlined in these Terms of Service for Sellers and other policy documents are important to all Sellers and Shippers in order to provide an optimal international freight experience on Freightos.com. To ensure this, Freightos.com reserves the right, at its discretion which may differ from case to case depending on the circumstances, to enforce these rules. Users who do not adhere to these rules may be subject to a range of actions, including limiting their use of Freightos.com, suspension of their account, application of fees, and recovery of any expenses incurred in policy monitoring and enforcement.
If a Seller fails to comply with the Freightos.com Terms of Service for Sellers, the Freightos Master Services Agreement, or any of the policies mentioned herein, or if Freightos.com has received legitimate complaints about the Seller’s services from Shippers, Freightos.com reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend the Sellers account or their participation on Freightos.com. Sellers may choose to leave Freightos.com at any time by deactivating their rates and contacting [email protected] It may take up to 5 Business Days to perform a complete deactivation. In the event of removal by Freightos.com or by the Seller’s choice, they will remain bound to provide any services for any Quotes booked prior to their rates removal and service any outstanding Shipments in accordance with these Terms of Service for Sellers.
Freightos.com values the privacy of all Shippers and Sellers, as well as the confidentiality of their data. Should any Seller share any of a Shipper’s data or share any unauthorized information, this is cause for immediate termination of the Seller’s account.
APPENDIX A: Shipment Milestones SLA
Sellers must update Shipment pages according to the following table.
|Information Updated in Business Days…||FCL||LCL||AIR||Express||LTL|
|Estimated Dates||Estimated dates must be kept up-to-date as a Shipment progresses|
|Planned pickup||1 day after Booking was verified. Not required if the goods ready date on the Platform is 3 days or more in the future|
|Port Estimated Time of Departure (ETD)||1 day before planned pickup||N/A|
|Port Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA)||1 day before planned pickup||N/A|
|Estimated Date of Delivery||Same day as Port Actual Time of Departure (ATD)||Same day as Actual Pickup|
|Actual Dates||All actual dates must be entered within 1 business day of planned/estimated dates|
|Actual Pickup Date||1 day after planned pickup|
|Port Actual Time of Departure (ATD)||1 day after ETD||1 day after ETD||N/A||N/A|
|Port Actual Time of Arrival (ATA)||1 day after ETA||1 day after ETA||N/A||N/A|
|Actual Date of Delivery||1 day after estimated date of delivery|
|MBOL / MAWB / Container numbers||1 day before ETD||1 day before planned pickup||N/A||N/A|
|Tracking Number / HBOL||N/A||1 day before planned pickup|
APPENDIX B: Service Expectations
The below table outlines the different services and SLA’s between the Seller and Freightos.com.
|Seller Provides||Freightos.com Provides|
|Scope of Coverage||Sellers will publish rates on ship.freightos.com. Freightos.com will advise what services and lanes are needed from the Seller. The Seller may also bid on Custom Quotes.||Training||Training materials are provided for Sellers upon onboarding for each part of a Shipment’s management.|
|Seller Fee||Percentage of Shipment cost as dictated per mode in the Freightos.com Terms of Service for Sellers.||Reporting||Access to the Seller Overview from ship.freightos.com|
|Providing Track & Trace Information||Sellers must integrate milestone updates through openFreight or manually update Shipments on ship.freightos.com.||Service SLA’s||General inquiries to [email protected] answered in 2-3 business days.|
|Self Updated Rates||Seller will provide data on a shared spreadsheet which will update the published rates within seconds.||Pricing templates||-Freightos.com will provide templates that allow the Seller to publish rates for FCL, LCL, and Air rates.
-Freightos.com will provide as many live spreadsheets as needed for the Seller’s different services.
|Manually Updated Rates||Seller will provide surcharges, trucking, and Express services data on a templated spreadsheet file.||Frequency of Servicing Manually Updated Rates||-Freightos.com will publish spreadsheet updates within 2-3 business days of receiving.
-Surcharges may be updated as often as necessary.
-Each Trucking and Express service offered may be updated once per year and may only be updated mid-year for extreme circumstances.